Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint/Body Work Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint/Body Work Question

Well, some punk *** kids thought it would be a good idea to do that to my car. Anyways, I had intentions of getting it repainted at some point down the line so this might be as good as time as any.

I guess my first question... how much would it cost to just fix the damage in the picture?

And... how much does a full paint job for the car cost, including fixing all the nicks and dings. I would have it repainted its factory black color.

Thanks.

Edit: Please excuse the dirty car. I live in the Texas Panhandle. And it is always windy and dusty. Hard as hell to keep clean.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tab10

Well, some punk *** kids thought it would be a good idea to do that to my car. Anyways, I had intentions of getting it repainted at some point down the line so this might be as good as time as any.

I guess my first question... how much would it cost to just fix the damage in the picture?

And... how much does a full paint job for the car cost, including fixing all the nicks and dings. I would have it repainted its factory black color.

Thanks.

Edit: Please excuse the dirty car. I live in the Texas Panhandle. And it is always windy and dusty. Hard as hell to keep clean.
A good repaint should be about 4-6k and would take about a month to do honestly. Im currently repainted my car but doing all the prep work myself and its costing me about 1k. I have about 50 hours of prep into the car and its almost done now.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

just go to your local body shops, they'll give you a free estimate, and if insurance wont cover it they should work with you a little on the price, you just needa go talk to them,
Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Ouch! I would love to help, where are you located?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StuartsPNB
Ouch! I would love to help, where are you located?
I am in Amarillo, TX.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Banned

I've made scratches like those disappear using real paint and clear, wetsanding and hand buffing.
Going by the dirt on the car and living in Texas once myself I'd guess it's not a show car and it gets dirty often.

Quick Reply: Paint/Body Work Question