Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More NXL problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up More NXL problems---UPDATED NX fixed problems

Ok so I finally get everything installed and I am getting ready to connect the solenoids to the system and I figure before I do anything let me make sure I dont have any leaks.

Turn the key to the On but not start position to get the fuel pump to prime and I hear air coming from the drivers side fuel rail. I check it out and it turns out the longest fuel hose is leaking. I check it out and everything is tight so I try again and still leaking. I took it off and looked at it and it was not from a bad seal. where the plastic mates to the metal at the fitting it is cracked. Now that I see that I realize that when it is mounted the line still has play and can move around a little bit. So I check the nitrous lines and sure enough the 3rd longest nitrous line on the one side has the same problem.

So once again I have to wait until I can get ahold of NX to send me some replacement lines.

So I am standing in the garage pissed off yet again and I get to thinking....why was there fuel going to those lines to begin with?? I didnt have any power to the noids but there was fuel still getting to the secondary fuel feed lines. So now I think I may have at least 1 bad rail because obviously there shouldnt be fuel at that point. And this may also be a reason when people are down on HP and noticing a hesitation.

So I am still in the garage getting more and more frustrated that the car is gonna be out of commish AGAIN and I start looking at the nitrous and fuel lines that come with the kit. The orifice on thos is EXTREMELY small. I am talking the size of the #10 jets. How is it supposed to flow enough for the #26 or #20 jets when the orifice feeding those jets is as small as the #10 jets???

Hopefully when I call Dave and NX on Monday I can get my stuffed shipped next day and get some anwsers to these questions. The kit looks incredible but I am not looking forward to tearing it back out to replace a rail that possibly has a bad noid.

Anyone else notice these things or have the feed lines crack? I Took them straight from the package on to the car so it wasnt from abuse that they cracked.

Still without a driveable car after 3 weeks......

Mike

Last edited by 93LS1RX7; 11-10-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Restricted User

Uhmm, no. Sorry to hear that. I did have an injector seal that was leaking and it thought t was a line, but after messing with it, it ended up seating and no more leaks.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Mike,

I finally got the rails and etc. installed last weekend and fired it up to check for leaks also..... From what I could tell, I didn't notice any issues such as the one you are experiencing but my car has a big cam, loud exhaust and a loud fuel pump so if there was a problem I may not be able to hear it. I haven't heard from anyone else having issues such as this, really sorry to hear it. It sounds like one of your fuel noids is locked open or there's a leak somewhere in that fuel rail.

I know what you are saying about the N20/fuel feed lines having a small opening. Logically you'd think that the openings would be the size of the maxium jet sizes that can be used with the system, but I'm sure they were engineered that way for a reason.

Let us know what you find out after talking to Dave....
Old 11-10-2003, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I talked to NX and good news. They said they pressure test the rails before they leave but there is a possiblity something could have gotten stuck in the rail at some point causing the solenoid to not close all the way.

The really good news is their customer service was GREAT and they are next day airing the parts to me and paying for the return frieght so all it cost me was 2 days no big deal.

So needless to say I am very happy. Ricky talked to me for a while and anwsered all my questions. Very good guy. He has some exciting new products coming out for the LS1 so everyone keep your eyes open.

BIG THUMBS UP TO NX ON THIS ONE!!!

Mike