What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Higher mileage 99 Camaro?

Old 06-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Higher mileage 99 Camaro?

Ok so i have lurked around this site for some time now. I have always been keeping my eye out for a 99-02 Camaro, and now that i have my truck paid off i can look a little more seriously.

So here is the link....

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

I'm hopeing to get to take if for a test drive either this weekend or sometime next week.

So what do you guys think? Does it seem like a good deal? I have seen them going for a lot more normally. I have a friend on another forum running a carfax for me as we speak. So i will see what that says and i guess go from there.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

I bought my 99SS for more about 2 years ago, it also had 107k miles on it. (black too) Now it has about 139k miles and (with a little work) it runs like a tank. My car is a daily driver in MN (winters too) and so far I have had to put in a new clutch (LS7 from Skoggin Dickey, a sponsor here) changed the brakes rotors and pads, and fix a u-joint. About $2k total with a lot of driveway work.

I don't know any more about the car that you are looking at then what is listed but I would not be too scared of mileage just on its own. I would look for signs of how well it has been maintained, if the details are in good shape I would not worry aobut the miles.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

looks like a good deal to me.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Well i'm still waiting on the carfax before i go up and look at it. Hopefully by this weekend i'll get a chance to make a trip and go take it for a test drive.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Just got the carfax today. It is clean, and it is only a one owner car!

Going to go check it out Saturday!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice car, if it were a 6 speed I would be making a road trip. let us know if you buy it!

Search this Thread