Sponsored by:

patriot heads are installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 04:20 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up patriot heads are installed

finally finished up the install and took the vette for a ride. the car absolutly rips. cant wait to get in tooned next week.
side notes: i forgot to replace the passenger side coolant plug on the head. so as i put the new coolant in, it splashed all over the floor so i had to run out and buy another jug.then as i was installing the headers, i stripped a header bolt and cant get it out so i ll have to bring it somewhere to have that done. other than that, the install went ok
_______
Old 11-08-2003, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the install man. I had faith in you, I knew you could get it done! If you stop at Sears they make a socket you tap onto the head of stripped bolts and it allows you to back them out.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

So you like the Patriot stage 2 LS6 heads? Where do they feel they picked up the best? What size camshaft do you run? just curious b/c these heads are looking like a great buy to me, i just need to know how they feel?
Thanks man. Ryan
Old 11-08-2003, 09:04 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ryan23silverado
So you like the Patriot stage 2 LS6 heads? Where do they feel they picked up the best? What size camshaft do you run? just curious b/c these heads are looking like a great buy to me, i just need to know how they feel?
Thanks man. Ryan
im running the TR224. boy sounds like the car got louder too. have not opened it up yet. tomorow i get some wot runs in,then ill now where it seems i got the most power from
Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The crew of Texas Speed & Performance just won the quick stock class at the sothern shootout.They used the Patriot LS6 heads combined with the magic stick cam.The car ran a 10.98 @ 122 in the finals.