Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boost gauge install

I just installed my procharger and I'm looking to install my boost gauge. No idea how it's done. I take it I need to go buy a small vaccuum line or someting like that and run it to the gauge? Where should I cut into? Can I use the line off the blow off valve?
Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM
11Second Club

Most people cut into the hose running to the brake booster. I tee'd off of that, then ran another tee so I could feed both the gauge sensor and the bypass valve.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gauge
Most people cut into the hose running to the brake booster. I tee'd off of that, then ran another tee so I could feed both the gauge sensor and the bypass valve.
Thats what I did. I cut the hose in half and then made a manifold pipe, which is piece of 5/16 metal pipe with threads on both ends. You find them at home depot. Threaded hose barbs on each end to put the brake booster line back together. I have 3 holes drilled and taped in to the pipe with hose barbs threaded in to them. Then I ran the small vac hose to my by pass valve, hobbs switch, and boost gauge. I had 2 "T's" at one point and didn't like that mess but it worked fine.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by JASON11WS6
I just installed my procharger and I'm looking to install my boost gauge. No idea how it's done. I take it I need to go buy a small vaccuum line or someting like that and run it to the gauge? Where should I cut into? Can I use the line off the blow off valve?
The sticky in this forum has a lot of useful information.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...elp-newbs.html
Old 06-06-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys good info. I can't wait to see what kind of boost this thing is making.

Quick Reply: Boost gauge install