Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 SS not running right

Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2002 SS not running right

Why does my 02 Camaro SS M6 sometimes idles really low?About a month ago I took it to the car wash the one that sprays high pressure around 360.When I was getting it washed it started shaking and idle was really low.Then my reverse wouldnt go in and my SES light came on,got it scan siad it was front oxygen sensors and the maf was getting low circuit.But I found out it was just my reverse fuse selenoid that was burn so I replaced it and my reverse went in smooth,but it kept burning and I found out that the maf and reverse fuse solenoid use the same fuse.I put new oxygen sensors,new maf and the fuse didnt burn anymore,but the SES light was still on so I took it to advance to get the light erased and it stayed off so that means my car was fine right.But every once in a while I notice my car idle drops to about 600rpm and every time I can smell this different odor from my exhaust not like regular exhaust but like a type of weird burning of something?Anybody have any ideas why it might be doing that?
Old 06-06-2009, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

It was also dyno tune 2 months ago hopefully that advance scanner didnt affect nothing and I also removed my battery cables for about ten minutes dont know if that affects the dyno tune or not?
Old 06-06-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

My car idles around the same. This was after a tune. It has never really caused me any problems.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

My normally idles at 800rpm it didnt change when I got it dyno tune.My only problem is that sometimes the rpm drops to about 500-600 rpm and has a distinct burning smell from the exhaust.You think it might be from the new oxygen sensors?But that drop in rpm still from something.

Search this Thread