Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Hooker 67-69 Camaro LS1 swap headers work with the AutoKraft oil pan?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will Hooker 67-69 Camaro LS1 swap headers work with the AutoKraft oil pan?

I am trying to find headers to fit my 67. I have the Carshop 1" set back mounts which appears to be pretty close to the same as the Hooker plates. Has anyone tried the Hookers with a Champ/Autokraft oil pan? Thanks
Old 06-08-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

The Champ/Autokraft pan will work fine with the Carshop 1" setback plates--you'll have all kinds of clearance since that pan is designed for ATS-style mounts that put the engine at 0 setback and about 3/8" lower (by flipping the poly mounts upside down).

I know from my car that the headers work fine with the Champ pan, but I don't know if they'll clear the power steering box with Carshop 1" setback plates. The Hooker plates are about 1 1/4" setback.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rodder
The Champ/Autokraft pan will work fine with the Carshop 1" setback plates--you'll have all kinds of clearance since that pan is designed for ATS-style mounts that put the engine at 0 setback and about 3/8" lower (by flipping the poly mounts upside down).

I know from my car that the headers work fine with the Champ pan, but I don't know if they'll clear the power steering box with Carshop 1" setback plates. The Hooker plates are about 1 1/4" setback.
Thanks for the info. How is the ground clearance with the Hookers? I have it narrowed down to the BRP mid lengths or the Hooker long tubes. I think the Hookers will likely have slightly better performance which is plus but I like the ground clearance with the mid lengths so I am torn.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Mine hang down about 1.5inch or so below the subframe side rails with ATS-style mounts. They'd be up higher with Carshop mounts. They are not the lowest point on the car--the lowest point in the front is the crossmember of the subframe.

http://www.blown.net/cars/camaro68/l.../DSCF3949.html

http://www.blown.net/cars/camaro68/l.../DSCF6061.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will Hooker 67-69 Camaro LS1 swap headers work with the AutoKraft oil pan?