Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

spec1 and spec 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default spec1 and spec 3

hi

i have an spec 1 clucth kit in my z06 c5, and i´m changin shortblock(bigger), and i wanted to check can i use new spec 3 clutch disc (only the disc change) instead of the spec 1 disc i have.
are there perfect fittment. or? do i need to change all the clucth kit...?

kv Baering
Old 06-07-2009, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by baezi z06
hi

i have an spec 1 clucth kit in my z06 c5, and i´m changin shortblock(bigger), and i wanted to check can i use new spec 3 clutch disc (only the disc change) instead of the spec 1 disc i have.
are there perfect fittment. or? do i need to change all the clucth kit...?

kv Baering

I would say yes. However, I am not familiar with Spec and the materials that are made out of their clutch. But, as long as teh application is for the same motor, then you should be able to. I have used different disc ( Motorcraft) with different PP (Centerforce) along with others as well. I just became a new dealer for Monster Clutch, and I know that some of our (well, Monster's) different Levels, they use the same PP just a different disc. So, in theory, yes what you are asking SHOULD work.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

When was the stage 1 purchased? I ask because as of February 8, 2008 we moved from a .310" thick disc to a .350" thick disc. As such if your clutch kits was bought before this date you cannot use one of the newer/thicker discs as it would cause the clutch not to release. Give me a call and we can discuss specfiics and if you need a new clutch I am happy to provide you with a break in pricing. I am in the office from about 7:30am until 5pm. Thanks!