Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam problems along with head problems. HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 04:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam problems along with head problems. HELP!!!!!!

alrite so heres the deal.
installed the prc 5.3 2.5 heads on my car, with a tourquer v.3 cam. tore everything apart. while the heads were off i set the motor to tdc. and the dots on the stock timing set were directly lined u, removed chain and gears and installed new cam. lined dots up perfectally. put the entire thing back together. try to start car. car turns over. backfires pops everything, doesnt start. remove number 1 plug and put finger over hole and the plug is firing at tdc each compression. did it to other cylinders as well same thing. got plenty of spark and plenty of pressure at the fuel rails.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! car is now running. we pulled the intake to check the cam sensor, everything looked fine. then pulled the starter to look at the crank sensor. looks fine. but i managed to find a ground wire off. there were suppodsed to be 3 ground wires on the back of the drivers side head and there were only two. so after we got the ground wire back on, the car started, but there were more problems, collant gushing out the passenger side head at the rear, ended up being a hole that needed plugged. oil leak. tranny leak. was the pressure line going into the radiator.

NEW PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
ok so now the car is running and all. got it to idle right at 600 rpm. put it in gear with ur foot on the brake and stays idleing with 0 bucking or surging. everythings good. except. when i drive the car, it will run good while its below like 180 degrees. after it warms up, its like i have 0 power at all. i experienced this once before. it happened when my o2 connectors got wet. so i looked at the 02 connectors and seen one was melted to the header. oops, so i took it off and cut out the melted section of wire out and butt connected it back, tried to drive the car and car ran good. just when i thought i had it fixed it did it again, fml. please help with any suggestions as to what this might be!!!!!

thanks

Last edited by 2001ws6-500hp; 06-08-2009 at 03:36 AM. Reason: update
Old 06-07-2009, 04:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure you have the coil packs in the right order. Some people have had the same issue. They had the coils reversed,which sounds like you issue.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you have all the wire connections right and make sure you are on the compression stroke on number 1. I had 1 coil bank unplugged once and the car started and ran rough on one side. This is why good mechanics are so methodical 'cause it is so easy to miss one little thing. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned

cmon guys no one has ne input?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First thing is, you need at least a mail-order tune. I'm very surprised you don't have a check engine light on and a ton of codes stored.