Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous bottle ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nitrous bottle ?

I recently got a nitrous bottle for doing some side work. The problem that i am having is that there is no way to read the bottle pressure with out the bottle open. So what I am trying to say is can I swap out the valve for a valve that has a hole in it for bottle pressure with the valve closed. I need the hole between the valve and the bottle.

Any insight on this.

Last edited by RsSean; 06-07-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

I think I need some kind of valve like in this pic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILLE...spagenameZWDVW

Does this have to be professionally installed, if you look in the picture it has like to allen head screws that are between the vlave and the bottle. That is what I need, so I can read the bottle pressure with the bottle closed.

Last edited by RsSean; 06-07-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you just replace the valve on the bottle with something like this (that has the 1/8th ports)
http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...roduct_id=2148
Old 06-07-2009, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Damn I was on there today, amazon, ebay, and a whole bunch of other sites looking for that. Can I install that or does it need to be porfessionally installed at like a gas/filling place.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

I believe plenty of people have installed their own bottle valves, just ensure your bottle is COMPLETELY empty before you attempt it.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I am trying to let someone use the bottle to empty it, but noone wants to use it. I dunno I thought people would jump all over it, but I guess not and it is for free too.

I will give it a try. Is there a seal or anything speacial i need to do or use?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RsSean
Yeah I am trying to let someone use the bottle to empty it, but noone wants to use it. I dunno I thought people would jump all over it, but I guess not and it is for free too.

If you don't have a valving machine, you can get some of that sticky rubber stuff from Home Depot that helps keep rugs in place. Use that to grip it on the floor and get a big wrench to pop the valve off. Might also be able to use a ratchet strap and find something to ratchet the bottle tight against.

Like said earlier, make sure its empty and put a little bit of lube on the o-ring when you go to re-torque the valve to prevent the o-ring from shearing. Also try and remember that the bottle should technically be "oxygen clean", IE don't get **** in the bottle.

Rick
Old 06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a cresent wrench and a 4 lb hammer to change valves. And I will empty your bottle if your willing to ship.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used an adjustable monkey wrench to hold the bottle neck and a crecent wrench to turn the valve.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rick@HSW
If you don't have a valving machine, you can get some of that sticky rubber stuff from Home Depot that helps keep rugs in place. Use that to grip it on the floor and get a big wrench to pop the valve off. Might also be able to use a ratchet strap and find something to ratchet the bottle tight against.

Like said earlier, make sure its empty and put a little bit of lube on the o-ring when you go to re-torque the valve to prevent the o-ring from shearing. Also try and remember that the bottle should technically be "oxygen clean", IE don't get **** in the bottle.

Rick
Thanks Rickl for the info that will be useful here in thursday when my new valve gets here. I got in my buddies TA today and the bottle pressure was in the 16k's I said WTF get that bottle out there.

Originally Posted by ONEBAD383STROKER
I use a cresent wrench and a 4 lb hammer to change valves. And I will empty your bottle if your willing to ship.
I bet that valve is on there something tight, the hammer is what porablly end up using.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Damn, if you were closer, id empty that thing REAL quick!!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:36 AM
10 Second Club

LOL! Calli is a long trip from here. I hope someone will use it. I dont just want to empty it by opening it. It would be a giant waste.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
9 Second Club

Uhhhh, just buy a -4 cap, thread it on, and open the valve.... I have a few gauges like that so I bought some caps and plugs. I thread the plugs in the end of the lines whenever they are off so that nothing gets in them..