Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a street warrior LS intake mani

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a street warrior LS intake mani

Well, my car is an 01 so it has the ls6 intake manifold, but I am considering replacing it with the street warrior. I have been doing alot of reading up on it but I am still left with just a couple questions. I am wondering since it is a 90mm intake mani if I can bolt a 92mm tb up to it or if I should just buy a 90mm and get it ported, or if I should just use the stock tb that is alread p/p'd.

I am also wondering how difficult it is to change the manifolds out and whether I should do it myself with a friend or 2 over a day or 2 or, just find a shop to do it for me.

Does anybody know anything about this manifold that would cause you to not want to buy one or swap it out for my ls6 intake mani?

I have done a bunch of searching on this site as well as others and have read some dyno comparisons, but most were on like ls3/l92 and ls2s.

Any info would be helpful guys thanks.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

It
doesn't
EXIST.

Go buy a fast 92.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's very odd, seeing as how there are mulitiple sites offering it for sale...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do people not read this site at all?????
Old 06-07-2009, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Why is there a Mustang ad on the bottom of my page?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im waiting for the OP to say.......NOT! LOL dude please tell me your joking. I hope so. If your not then be prepared to get bashed hard. The street warrior has been discussed on here for the past year about what a joke it is. Best of luck. Port your LS6 and call it a day, unless you want to put the cash up for a FAST intake TB combo.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's kinda what I was afraid of. I had read some things, but I just wasn't sure yet. I guess I will just say forget the intake mani. I have considered a FAST, but for my purposes, it is really pointless. I just wanna go with a decent size cam and some better flowing heads, it's all street car, my DD, prolly will never see a track, so the FAST is 2 much money IMO.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea dude just stick with what you've got for now. Put the money toward a nice cam and a set of PRC 5.3 heads and you will be golden. Maybe some day the street warrior will be out but it keeps being pushed back on a release date and is being over hyped for now. Jegs and summit offer it for sale yet they don't have it in stock yet. I know it doesnt make any sense for the hype but for what your goals are the LS6 intake will work just fine.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hamrdown
Yea dude just stick with what you've got for now. Put the money toward a nice cam and a set of PRC 5.3 heads and you will be golden. Maybe some day the street warrior will be out but it keeps being pushed back on a release date and is being over hyped for now. Jegs and summit offer it for sale yet they don't have it in stock yet. I know it doesnt make any sense for the hype but for what your goals are the LS6 intake will work just fine.
Have a feeling your going to get it worse then the OP lol
Old 06-07-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
Have a feeling your going to get it worse then the OP lol
Pm sent
Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
That's kinda what I was afraid of. I had read some things, but I just wasn't sure yet. I guess I will just say forget the intake mani. I have considered a FAST, but for my purposes, it is really pointless. I just wanna go with a decent size cam and some better flowing heads, it's all street car, my DD, prolly will never see a track, so the FAST is 2 much money IMO.
yeah, sorry if I was harsh - it's a vaporware product. Doesn't exist yet
Old 06-08-2009, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Keep the LS6 unless you're putting a FAST on. Period.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 00SS6spd
Keep the LS6 unless you're putting a FAST on. Period.
True but I will add that put good sized cam/heads and everything before a FAST...unless you want to see a gain from 4500+rpm only...ask me how I know

LS6 is the best street intake. Stick with it.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
True but I will add that put good sized cam/heads and everything before a FAST...unless you want to see a gain from 4500+rpm only...ask me how I know

Or at the same time as a FAST, but yes I agree 100%. It's a waste over an LS6 on a mostly stock motor.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock

What's wrong with gains only above 4500 RPM??? That's where you spend most of, if not all of your time when racing, right? If your answer is no, then you're doing it wrong.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

The OP said that it's his daily driver and would only see street duty. So unless he has a big stall and steep gears then he needs more under the curve. Exspecially with a heavy stock weight car and stock gears.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
What's wrong with gains only above 4500 RPM??? That's where you spend most of, if not all of your time when racing, right? If your answer is no, then you're doing it wrong.
For a car that is mostly street driven, especially as a DD... $1,000 is a lot of money to gain 10-15rwhp from 4,500+. His point (and I agree) was that the LS6 is more than sufficient for a mostly stock - mild heads/cam car.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:21 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Guys, I hate to be the bringer of "bad" news, or just news in general..... I'm not looking to get flamed here!

I actually called Summitt this evening and talked to a salesman about the weiand street warrior. He said he had a shipment coming in the day after tomorrow. I thought that was a bit odd, as we've talked and talked about this "vapor product" for quite some time now, and I even told him that.

He assured me, and the reassured me that they have already gotten one shipment in, sold out, and the second shipment was due in the day after tommorrow, which would be wednesday morning. He offered to let me order one without paying, and he would just call me and have me pay right before they ship it.

AGAIN, I asked him, "Are you sure we're talking about the same intake manifold? This IS the Weiand Street Warrior, right?" Again, he said yes, they sold out the first batch, and the second was due in the day after tomorrow.

Feel free to make me crispy, as I can handle it w/o getting bent out of shape, but I just thought I would share the info......
Old 06-10-2009, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

Intersting, Holley doesnt even show it on there websight anymore, I would try Jegs and see what they say and if they have even gotten any, that is of coarse if you are talking about the same part everyone else is talking about. Jegs part number is 925-5000 and I believe Summits's is wnd-5000, unfortunately I am unable to connect right now to verify.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You're right with the Summitt part number. I didn't try to call Jegs though, as they had a later shipping date posted.

I had to flat out literally bite my tongue though and massage my "diplomatic skills" to not call this guy a flat out liar, but he double and triple checked and confirmed that they had a shipment come in, sold out, and had another shipment coming in on Wednesday.

That being said though, I figured SOMEONE from here would have had one and posted about it, but I guess not. I'd LOVE to get one, just to see what the difference is and actually post a REAL UNBIASED review of it.

Again, all I'm trying to report here is what I was told. It may or may not be gospel, but maybe hope is still alive after all.

(I'm suprised I haven't been kicked in the nuts yet for even fanning the Street Warrior flames.....)