Installed my ARH LTs today : Good and Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed my ARH LTs today : Good and Bad news

Headers went in with no trouble and the catted y-pipe fits like a glove. Unfortunately I broke the damn dipstick tube trying to snake it thru the primaries. I know your probably thinking how the hell did he do that, well lets just say metal fatigue from multiple attempts at bending the tube to go thru the primaries. All said I am happy with the install, very easy with minimal cussing, save for ******* dipstick! I now need a new dipstick tube. Does anyone have one for sale or recomendations for an aftermarket piece?

Oh and for the record I had previously installed QTPs on this car, fitment was crap (passenger side primaries hit the body) and the y-pipe sucked *****, not to mention the exhaust leaks from where the primaries were not welded all the way into the collector on the driver side header. The ARH design is definitely an improvement on the QTP.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

LOL, why the hell didn't you take the dipstick out?? I be you can pick one up pretty cheap.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

I did remove it, however the re-installation did not go so smoothly. I have done this several times, never had this much trouble before, the darn dipstick tube would just not square up. I just ordered a Lokar flexible dipstick from byunspeed. Hoping that is the end of this issue.