Was showing off to my buddy and got busted =(

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Was showing off to my buddy and got busted =(

Got a Exhibition of Acceleration ticket showing off to a buddy at a light . Have not had one since i was 16. Im 23 now. Anyone know the cost of these tickets in houston? I won't be able to do defensive driving cause i had a speeding ticket back in march i took care of. DOH!

Ever since i got the vette it seems tickets have been raining on me. Owned my Camaro for years and never had a problem like this lol...Well let me know..Thanks.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

get a lawyer to take care of it, Problem solved..
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

I was going to do that. I knwo of a lawyer i used back in the day that would get rid of tickets for 100$. I like to weigh my options though..
Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

David Sprecher is you friend. This is the correct spelling. Call him.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 AM
12 Second Club

The guy i used was Bryan Samuelson or something like that. Kind of a twitchy guy.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Well just got a hold of him and he said it will be 150$ upfront for representation. Also he said he was suprised that i didnt go to jail? Supposidly they are Class B Misd. now? Dammit im not wanting to spend more than 300$ on this ticket . I know if it gets drop it usually court costs i have to pay right?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

last i can remember the fine is like 300$ . could be more now. last time i got a ticket for that was 12 years ago!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

Well that still doesn't beat the parking in handicapp ticket i got when i was 16-17 years old. That was $395 :o...
Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Launching!

If they drop the charges, there are no fees you pay, just your lawyer.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Interesting. Well hopefully that happens, but i dont think it will. Reason being is im sure the judge is going to see a 23 year old with a vette and a recent speeding ticket then this one! O well. I guess ill try to hope for the best.. Court date is the 17th of July. Ill have 3 paychecks by then . Plus it gets reset on the 1st court date appearence. So ill prob have more pay checks.. So $150 for my lawyer..

I called that guy you listed and its the same price.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

exibition of accelleration is not a ticketable offense in texas...

unless you are "racing".....if they don't ticket you for racing you can beat this in court every time.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
exibition of accelleration is not a ticketable offense in texas...

unless you are "racing".....if they don't ticket you for racing you can beat this in court every time.
Really? I have no other offenses on the ticket. All it says it was i stated above. Wonder why he wrote it if its not a ticketable offense? I was also the only car on the road going my direction. I deffinatly was not racing anyone. Just had the car in 1st with the clutch in. Revved it up to about 4k, dropped the clutch and let off half way through second..
Old 06-08-2009, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

i hate when freakin kids get these damn tickets and the first thing they ask if "how much do they vcost".

it's a class C misdemeanor ya'll !!!!!

the judge is ultimately the one that is going to tell you how much it is. every judge and every court house is different.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Really? I have no other offenses on the ticket. All it says it was i stated above. Wonder why he wrote it if its not a ticketable offense? I was also the only car on the road going my direction. I deffinatly was not racing anyone. Just had the car in 1st with the clutch in. Revved it up to about 4k, dropped the clutch and let off half way through second..
Did you spin the tires or speed?
Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
technically yes.

the judge understands what the cop was trying to say, but anybody can go in there and defend themselves because it is not the correct title of offense.

do this in court and you'll get off almost every single time.

you: so Officer McDonuts, you advised you got me for excessive acceleration, correct !?!?
cop: yes
you: could you please advise what statute that is !?!?
cop:
judge: thank you, citation dismissed

there is NO STATUTE for excessive acceleration. ticket dismissed.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

but then again our judicial system is a bit fucked up, if ya know what i mean. you could get a dick for a judge and he still tell you to pay $200 or so and send you out the door.

good luck and tell us what happens.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Seriously, I had mine thrown out because there is no exhibition of accelleration
in Texas. That law was replaced with the racing law.

The lawyer I usually used said the same thing to me, I get a dozen of these all the time and if you pay me xx amount of dollars I'll get it dropped. I said to him, won't it be dropped anyway? His answer was vague, and blah blah blah.

I had the time so I went a week early to dispute the ticket. I told them that the law had changed and that exibition of accelleration no longer exists. They made me wait a little while outside the courtroom and then a lady came and said "your ticket has been dismissed."
See Ya!

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by T/A-Speedfreak
Seriously, I had mine thrown out because there is no exhibition of accelleration
in Texas. That law was replaced with the racing law.

The lawyer I usually used said the same thing to me, I get a dozen of these all the time and if you pay me xx amount of dollars I'll get it dropped. I said to him, won't it be dropped anyway? His answer was vague, and blah blah blah.

I had the time so I went a week early to dispute the ticket. I told them that the law had changed and that exibition of accelleration no longer exists. They made me wait a little while outside the courtroom and then a lady came and said "your ticket has been dismissed."
See Ya!

Good luck!

so what your telling me is that any time i get an exibition of accelleration ticket i can have it dropped b/c there is no law for it? i would have saved some money if i would of known that.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by boosted s-10
so what your telling me is that any time i get an exibition of accelleration ticket i can have it dropped b/c there is no law for it? i would have saved some money if i would of known that.
refer to post #15.

you can get the ticket dismissed by easily making the cop look like an idiot.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Hmm....I spun the tires. So they screeched...I wonder if i just call in and tell them "Didnt the law change to were there is no exhibition of acceleration anymore. It is now a racing offense?"