Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!AC help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default !AC help

im taking my AC out this weekend and i have a few questions about doing it and not destroying too much.

Is there any way to take it out of the car without hacking **** to pieces? im interested in being able to keep it and being able to put it back in years down the road if i ever sell the car.

I dont plan on removing anything but AC so if i hav e to drop headers or anything to get that ****** box off the firewall ill just hack it to pieces. Also what if anything will i have to bypass or plug doing this?
Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a write up on removing the dash: https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-pictures.html
After the dash is out of the way you need to unbolt the A/C box from the firewall. There are screws coming from the inside and outside of the firewall. The majority are around where the box goes into the engine bay, but one is located directly behind the engine. This is the one that most people break because it's a pain to get to. You of course will need to disconnect the A/C and heater hoses before removing the box. Just take your time disconnecting everything and don't force it. It will slide out easily once all the bolts are removed.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need to plug off the small vacuum line on the back of the intake and both heater hoses on the water pump. For these you will need a 1/8" vacuum cap and one each 5/8" and 3/4" coolant cap with some hose clamps.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks!