Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Injector problems

Hi there I did a 02 longblock swap on a 98 z28,Everything is fine,but having some injector problems.It seems 2,4,6,8 injectors on the passenger side are not operating correctly.It seems like only the 1,3,5,7 drivers side injectors are working.I rented a bulb noid tester deal to check to see if the injector pigtails were firing and they seem to work fine on either side.I checked continuity on the injector control pins from the pcm pin harness to the injector pigtail and they seem to be fine.It seems tho that plugged or unplugged to the injector does nothing.Any ideas?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobZ
Hi there I did a 02 longblock swap on a 98 z28,Everything is fine,but having some injector problems.It seems 2,4,6,8 injectors on the passenger side are not operating correctly.It seems like only the 1,3,5,7 drivers side injectors are working.I rented a bulb noid tester deal to check to see if the injector pigtails were firing and they seem to work fine on either side.I checked continuity on the injector control pins from the pcm pin harness to the injector pigtail and they seem to be fine.It seems tho that plugged or unplugged to the injector does nothing.Any ideas?
how long has those injectors been dry before the engine was restarted?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
how long has those injectors been dry before the engine was restarted?
Just curious about how that matters? And if they have been dry for awhile what you recommend you do with them? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madicev8
just curious about how that matters? And if they have been dry for awhile what you recommend you do with them? Thanks.
injectors do not like to be stored empty. They absorb moisture and stick closed. We see it all the time. If they are not pulsing and the plug is firing a noid light. Take out the injectors and boil them in a pot for 20 minutes.. Then see if they work,