Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trap speed, same with gears

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trap speed, same with gears

I am pretty sure that my trap speed will be very similar with whatever gear i have, i just want to make sure. I got rained out last weekend and will be going to the track in a couple weeks. I want to decide what to do with gears, tires. I want to run a 4.10 cause i know it would be perfect for motor, but on spray i am sure i will run outa gear with a 26" tire. If my calculations are right i should be running really tight with a 4.10 and a 27" tire. I dont want to roll my fenders or cut my new gm facsia to fit a 28" tire.

This time to the track will be the first real time i go with the car running the way it should, n/a and the first time i spray the 402, so i really dont know what i will trap. It did 117 n/a on shitty track prep, short shifting around 6k every pass last time out. I would assume i should be a shade over 120 on motor and mid 130s on the jug. I want to shift around 6800-7000. But i guess my real question is are my trap speed going to remain a fair constant with the 3.73s and with the 4.10s. Then i should know where to be at before i order gears. Might end up with a 3.90.