Just a rant

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a rant

I have dreams of modding my car to h/c/i. Who doesn't right? Well, does anyone else cry themselves to sleep because they have absolutely NO MONEY to do their dream builds!?!?!?!?! It seems like everytime i make some kind of savings, something else breaks. Speaker here, Window motor there, TRANSMISSION rebuild, new clutch! Seems like ill never get to where i want!... not to mention still owe about 3.5 on the car. which i had a plan to pay off by the end of the year, but no, the transmission decided it wanted to have a stroke. whats next!!! Ne ways just wanted to let out my frustration, cuz i think that if my girlfriend hears it one more time, she will start my car on fire
Old 06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Launching!

well, that's why i don't fix anything on my car that doesn't make it go fast

both my door speakers rattle, but i don't care
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never ask whats next, always a bad question. i do understand how you feel though. and while i dont cry myself to sleep over the car, i do over the tool bill. so i guess i do cry over the car, cause that ******* tool bill is keeping the car from being fast. and i don't even have a fourth gen.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Wait till you have kids. You think it's bad now!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

thankfully i've dodged that bullet quite a few times, but it keeps getting closer and closer.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whitehooptie
Wait till you have kids. You think it's bad now!

This is the truth!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blue85350
never ask whats next, always a bad question. i do understand how you feel though. and while i dont cry myself to sleep over the car, i do over the tool bill. so i guess i do cry over the car, cause that ******* tool bill is keeping the car from being fast. and i don't even have a fourth gen.
third gen's rule
Old 06-09-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I always 'upgrade' whatever is broken.

M/C went out ... got a McLeod Adjustable in there.
Speakers blown - put in a whole new pair complete with an amp and a sub.

I know what you mean tho...for a long time it will be like that. I get kinda ... disgruntled when I see people post pics of huge garages with all sorts of cars and whatnot. I mean, the internet is a huge playground to flaunt what you have and sometimes I get caught up in the 'grass is greener' thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is to be happy with what you do have. After my divorce, I had to sell my car ('98 Formula) to get out from under the payments. For over a year I was driving a '86 Volvo 4 door. It sucked, but when I think back it makes me appreciate what I have now.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

this is thirdgen number 2. as much as i want a fourth gen, and as much as i like the way they look, the thirdgens just grab my attention more. so i agree thirdgens rule
Old 06-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gun4hire
I always 'upgrade' whatever is broken.
i'm the same way
Old 06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by R.E.double.D.
third gen's rule
Werd

Originally Posted by Blue85350
this is thirdgen number 2. as much as i want a fourth gen, and as much as i like the way they look, the thirdgens just grab my attention more. so i agree thirdgens rule

I am on F body # 15 i think, bought it monday, selling my 4th gen because i like the third gens better.

But, i do what i can, sell old parts to fund the new ones and al that, so i still need 3000$ or so to get my 89 hard top back on the road.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Find some side projects that you can do to make extra money. Put the extra money in an account and don't touch it for anything that doesn't make your car move faster.

Working harder is always the solution when you need more money.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
well, that's why i don't fix anything on my car that doesn't make it go fast

both my door speakers rattle, but i don't care
AMEN! Haha. All but 2 of my speakers are blown lol. Idc though, I just listen to my exhaust.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JayBee
AMEN! Haha. All but 2 of my speakers are blown lol. Idc though, I just listen to my exhaust.
x2

Same here! When I give my pals a ride in the TA they always complain "You need to get a system in here! Your speakers suck!" and I just hit the gas so I can't hear their nagging anymore I'll take the sound of my engine over those retarded-*** 'thumpers'(1)anyday!

(1) Thumpers: What I call those tards that feel the need to shake the ground and share their usually AWFUL (2) taste in music with the world at every stoplight.

(2) Awful: Usually rap or hip hop; anything that consists of repetitive speak of smacking one's bitches, acquiring and flaunting ridiculous amounts of money, and how 'pimp' one's ride is.

I'm sorry..but what is the point of that? I've never understood it! If someone gives me the "Sup" or "How YOU doin?" at a light and their car is vibrating worse than a...then my only response will be to roll up my windows and/or give you the finger! How can anyone actually respect or covet such a stupid thing? It doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look deaf, dumb, and like a total dbag!

Anyhoo...off rant now..

I completely understand the grass is greener issue, too. I've owned my dream car for about a year and a half and have yet to have the extra funds to make her what I've, well, dreamed her to be! I'm getting there...baby steps seems to be my best advice. First I did the exhaust, then my famous stripes, then the wheels. I got stuck after that, sadly, but I've already got my gameplan for the next 'baby step' on the list. Having a plan and getting a budget range in order can really help you to put into perspective what your spare change can go toward. I fully agree with setting aside a "mod fund" for lack of better terms, and not touching it. That's how I've managed to afford my few but significant mods.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MissTransAm
I completely understand the grass is greener issue, too. I've owned my dream car for about a year and a half and have yet to have the extra funds to make her what I've, well, dreamed her to be! I'm getting there...baby steps seems to be my best advice. First I did the exhaust, then my famous stripes, then the wheels. I got stuck after that, sadly, but I've already got my gameplan for the next 'baby step' on the list. Having a plan and getting a budget range in order can really help you to put into perspective what your spare change can go toward. I fully agree with setting aside a "mod fund" for lack of better terms, and not touching it. That's how I've managed to afford my few but significant mods.

i think your wheels have to all match for you to say you are done with them
Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
i think your wheels have to all match for you to say you are done with them
They do match! One of them is just MIA from the car for a few days
Old 06-11-2009, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

I completely feel your pain. It is nearly enough to make you sick. You calculate, save, scrap, sell, trade, and it seems you never get anywhere.
I just recently decided that my money is going too many directions:
Cars
4x4's(2)
Guitars
ATVs
Guns
Women....lol, so I decided that some would just have to go....and 'women' is not one of them!lol

Im hoping this will help!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Vik
Staging Lane

Eventually everything will break, and eventually will be replaced. Which then, you will have money and a completely different car! Haha!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Yep. Make some side job money and stash it only for the performance mods. There's money to be made you just have to find it and stick with it and you will see how great you feel when you have the money to buy a new cam one week, etc. I think everyone feels the money crunch from time-to-time. I understand you may want it all now too, but building a good performance car takes time.

Not to hijack at all, but I get tired of the "waiting" for people to finish my car and get it back to me! (Re: 2 mods we cannot do ourselves.) They act like I'm not missing races every weekend! I never understood why there's no sense of urgency (and are people turning more careless?) when it comes to completing someone's car. I'm not saying do a crappy job in 1 day and return it, but I don't see the logic in waiting 2 weeks for one repair and 2 more weeks for the other! It's not like we built a new motor! "I'm going to wait until I know if this other part is bad" or "It will get worked out". OK, when exactly? There's nothing good about coming home from a long day at work, and thinking that if you go race you will feel much better, only to realize "Oh, my car's not ready to be raced yet"! I mean, you are asking a lady drag racer to have patience?

Last edited by fasttagurl; 06-12-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

sounds a lot like my life, i seem to have very bad luck too