Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever use their purge as a 2nd stage dry shot?

Old 11-09-2003, 06:41 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default anyone ever use their purge as a 2nd stage dry shot?

i am running a nx wet kit, it came with a purge solenoid but i dont use it, just purge thru the motor, any reason why i couldn't use the purge solenoid for a 1st stage dry shot? just need a line and a jet holder, it would be super easy to set up.

thinking a 100shot dry into the air filter and a 150 or so wet a second or so later.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was thinking about doing it

TTT
Old 11-09-2003, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parish, I know fireball did something like this a long time ago. I would go for it. if you do it, let me know what fitting you buy from NOS to hold the jet and spray into the lid

Thanks,
Glenn
Old 11-09-2003, 11:11 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by W8N2SQZ
Parish, I know fireball did something like this a long time ago. I would go for it. if you do it, let me know what fitting you buy from NOS to hold the jet and spray into the lid

Thanks,
Glenn
my purge solenoid has a -3 fiting off of it, the nx jet holders that go with the shark nozle have a -3 flare fiting also, the jet is the tapered part of the flare. just one of those jet holders along with about a 4-6' -3 line and a nut or tap to hold that jet holder to the airbox would be it for parts, something like $30 total i would think.

also some kind of control, now that i think about it i probably wouldn't use it as a 2 stage but more as an incab adjustable set up. spray it all out of the hole(with window switch and stall) but be able to choose at the flip of a switch weather to run no nitrous, or a 100dry or a 150wet or both the 100+150. or just save the extra shot for if it looks like i am going to loose a race.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did this as a quick second stage on my Civic. It's easy, cheap and very effective........

Jeffrey

Search this Thread