Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thumper cam question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumper cam question

I am considering trading someone for a LSX thumper cam. I drive a 98 TA. Is this a cam I would be intersted in. I only plan on making this car a mid 12 and thats it and I want it to be a reliable dd.

I really dont know much about cams much less the thumper. Comp custom grind....244/244 .612/.612 on a 114 LSA pretty basic little thumper.

Advice please...

Last edited by ccxxxxxxx; 06-09-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

cam looks a little radical, you could run bolt ons and a cam like a 224/224 575/575 114 and run mid 12's.....its said many times on here and very true"everyone has a different definition of reliable and dd".....but imo i would say that cam is a little on the aggressive side for what you want, prolly would go for something smaller like what i listed above, however, you can run that cam, surely hit mid 12's, the car will be pretty reliabe and will run fine but it may be touchy on the street....i would say out of all the things you want the only down side to that cam is going to be the fact you want the car for a dd and its street manners will be wild.....so again it will be fine, but i think for you want you should go smaller, even if you have to pay a little more.
of course, the other way to look at it is, if you get a car that runs mid 12's you will be happy for awhile, and if your like most people after a few months you will want something faster. if thats the case you wont have to swith your cam again....just thought that would be worth mentioning
also....do you have a m6 or a4? bc if you have an a4 you are gonna need a stall for sure for something that big and then your street manners and gas millage will go to **** along with the money you will have to spend, so for what you want, if you have an auto i give it a BIG NO.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

Yeah I drive an A4. Im going to pass on it. I did some research myself and it is not what I want. Thank you for your info...