Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Celica up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 Celica up for sale

I'm selling my project car, it's time for something new. This is a one of a kind (literally, this swap doesn't exist anywhere else) '85 Celica GTS that's been my project and daily driver for the last three years. It has a LS1 and T56 out of a '01 Camaro. Dyno proven 344hp/351tq at the wheels with a basically stock engine, it has intake, long tubes, underdrive pulley and a large muffler to keep it quiet. The car weighs 2900lbs in full daily driver trim and gets about 30mpg on the freeway and 22 or so around town. It has an AIM digital dash with normal gauge readings and the ability to add anything you want to it.
front suspension: ground control coilovers, adjustable shocks, 400lb springs, camber plates, shortened strut tubes, custom heim jointed lower control arms and poly strut rod bushings, 12.75" rotors and 300Z turbo 4 piston calipers.
rear suspension: custom adjustable spring perches, 400lb springs, adjustable shocks, 3.42 gears with a Tru Trac torsen limited slip

Everything on the car is custom and most of it is made by me but it's been made to be serviceable as any "normal" car would be, I have all the documentation for every part on the car. 330,000 miles on the chassis, 65,000 miles on the engine, all maintenance has been performed religiously and the car is completely reliable. I have over 30,000 miles on the swap with a couple of trips over 5000 miles. You can drive this car anywhere at any time and feel completely confident in it. You can also leave 95% of the cars on the road with their jaws on the floor, you get some interesting looks from C5 Corvette owners as you walk away from them on the freeway. I have seen a little over 160mph and it was still pulling hard. The body is straight but the paint is faded, no rust (it's a california car), the carpeting should be replaced but the seats are in good shape. If you are interested in it send me an email and I can give you more details, no joy rides. The only reason I'm selling it is because I'd like to start a new project and I'm not in any hurry, the longer I have it the more little things I'll do to it.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 06-11-2009, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^this
Old 06-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Please Pic's.Was looking into doing the same swap.Less work to buy yours,but not as much fun.

did a search on google found some vid's here is a link of the car https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ad-tested.html

Pm me with a price

Thanks

Last edited by Smo's04Gto; 06-11-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

pics and a price would be nice

Re'
Old 06-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Teching In

PM me a price
Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Sorry about the wait guys, I was out of town at a race and didn't have access to my computer. The youtube video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_KmhSUBHlo, and you can see pics up on photobucket at http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc304/RWDCelicadude/
Here's one right after I cleaned it at a friend's house in Santa Barbara.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

oh my gawd... it's my winter car from hi school. a LOT nicer, of course. rob, let me know if you acquire the celly, i'd love to take a gander at it.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Bump, I'm dropping the price to $9000 or best offer. Just make me an offer, I'm tired of hearing about how everyone thinks it's really cool but just can't afford it or wants all the info on how to build it.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

I wouldn't put my waist on it either but don't consider it a waste of time at all. It actually wasn't anyone on here asking how to build it, that was from other sources. I put it in the conversions forum because most people in this section will appreciate the car, I'm sorry if I offended you and the mods could move it if they deem it innapropriate.

Thank you for the pointless post.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

wow man what a great swap! props on the whole thing and sorry to hear its a hard sell, your price sounds right but you probably gotta tell everyone everything, wheels specs, etc. you can get better results with some really good pics and post it up on other sites maybe even like v8rx7forum.com, nicoclub, freshalloy, rx7club, etc. to get a larger audience and spread the word.

my buddy had a car like that in HS and it was already fallign apart, I never imagined an LS1 swap into one of those but it looks like such a great fit, nice work man, hells yeah!

Quick Reply: LS1 Celica up for sale