Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700r problems need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700r problems need help

okay i have 88 chevy truck and im having a problem but idk what the hells up ith it it makes no sense to me i was driving it the other day and it sounded like it wasnt shifting out so i let off the gas and the rpms dropped though it had shifted pushed the gas they went up like it was in neutral pushed the gas somemore and it dropped into second and started pulling well i put it into drive and it went in put it back into overdrive same **** i smashed it to the floor and it acted as if it was slipping so i stopped checked my fluid level full and bright red so i stopped at a gas station got a soda came out started it it acted fine then after a few min. its **** started again turn it off restart its fine so its not getting to hot is there something electronic failing? has anyone had this problem and resolved would appreciate any info i can get oh and the tranny really pisses me off because it has like 30 thousand miles on it so its still sorta fresh it was rebuilt right before i bought this truck and ive only put around 15,000 on it
Old 06-11-2009, 07:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The symptom you are giving sounds like a 3-4 clutch failure. And no its not and electronic issue as on the 700r4 the only thing electronically controlled is the lockup converter

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2

the governor/TV is the "PCM control" for these cast iron valve body bad boys.

BTW I had to get a native Kentuckian to translate your post for me.