Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

I did a burnout and my security light came on.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did a burnout and my security light came on.

Does anyone know if something actually went wrong or happened?

Didn't notice anything seeming to be wrong with the car driving it home, turned it off, started it back up and it was still on though.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The secruity light seems to stay on in alot of our cars, try to get out the car and lock it with the keypad, guessing you have an alarm? if so make sure its activated and then use the keypad to unlock the doors and get in. See if that works.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Had similar issues with my 02, ie security light coming on while driving etc. Ended up having to replace my ignition due to the sensor for the chip in the key being cut up by a previous owner. if you do have the chip in the key I would first try cleaning it with some soap and water, the contacts could become dirty and cause the light to kick on at odd times. Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Hope I don't have to replace something else... lol.

I'm not sure what happened, but I peeled out a little bit by accident on my way to work (It's rainy ) and it went off. Not on when I start it again, maybe it's a bad connection somewhere? I'll definately clean off the key and see if that was something.

And I don't have an alarm system yet, it's on my to-do list... my very long to-do list... lol