Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to run main nitrous line from bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to run main nitrous line from bottle?

I have a Harris Speed works wet kit that I'm going to install next weekend. My plan is to install the bottle in the rear hatch where the t-tops go as I have my amp and subwoofer back there with enough room for the 10lb bottle. Where do most of you run the line to the front of the car? The instructions say to run the line along the bottom of the car but I don't have a clue where to run it. Just looking for some idea's. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can either do in cab or out of cab. For in-cab just run it under the carpet up towards the firewire and through to the engine bay. For out of cab, which is how i went, I drilled a hole in the passenger side (and later figured out I shouldve done in on the driver side), ran the line behind the gas tank, up the lip of the gas tank to get over the axle, and ran it through the rest of the car by following the path of the fuel lines. I wanted to run it through the passenger side until I saw that the exhaust pretty much took any space up over there....
Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

mine bottle sits where the rear passenger seat used to be, run the line through one of the plugs in the floor, just cut an x in it and pushed the line through. Worked like a charm.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go through the fenderwell plastic, then pull (go under) the passenger side rocker trim and go through the hole next to the heater core and under the PCM. Makes for a nice clean install.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Go through the fenderwell plastic, then pull (go under) the passenger side rocker trim and go through the hole next to the heater core and under the PCM. Makes for a nice clean install.
Sounds like it (clean install). I did it like 021less, only my bottle is on the hump. Then it runs between the floor and the Kenny Brown double diamond subframe, so it's protected pretty well.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 021less
mine bottle sits where the rear passenger seat used to be, run the line through one of the plugs in the floor, just cut an x in it and pushed the line through. Worked like a charm.
This is how I did it also. However, setting aside the rules, I would run it under the carpet rather than under the car. If you drive the car a lot on the street the nitrous line is going to get dirt ugly.

One day I would like to wrap and insulate that nitrous hose, especially once it gets inside the engine compartment.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
This is how I did it also. However, setting aside the rules, I would run it under the carpet rather than under the car. If you drive the car a lot on the street the nitrous line is going to get dirt ugly.

One day I would like to wrap and insulate that nitrous hose, especially once it gets inside the engine compartment.
yeah my car gets drove maybe once a month, so it don't ever get dirty. One of these day's i'm going to move it to under the carpet, just haven't felt like doing it. lol
Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 021less
yeah my car gets drove maybe once a month, so it don't ever get dirty. One of these day's i'm going to move it to under the carpet, just haven't felt like doing it. lol
Same here, but for now I'm leaving it. We could put some plastic wire loom covering on it if worrried about the dirt.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:24 PM
FormerVendor

My line runs under the carpet and through the firewall. Just find an extra hole in the firewall to use.

Quick Reply: Where to run main nitrous line from bottle?