Need your expertise. What exhaust set up works best?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your expertise. What exhaust set up works best?

Hey guys,

I'm driving a 99 Z28 that has Hooker LT's and x-pipe exhaust, no cats. Obviously, I am having issues with emissions and am no longer able to get inspected. The guy told me that I "need a muffler and cats to pass in Texas." I'm trying to avoid a whole scale makeover for this vehicle as I would like to change this get something new next year.
Given that, is there any kind of setup that I could change to that will allow me to pass inspection? Maybe a full x-pipe with cats to go along with my Hooker LT's? Any ideas or suggestions would be useful. How is everyone else able to keep their cars compliant?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 06-15-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have a tune to get rid of the codes?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

are you sure your running an x-pipe? unless you have a custom exahaust that was built at a muffler shop... and inspectors dont look to see if you have a muffler, there are two ways to pass... one get a tune on your car and have them delete the code, and two put cats on it, or you can get MIL eliminators which tells the comp. that everything is running fine, because the inspector just plugs into your car and if they comp. thinks everything is ok, then you'll pass

Search this Thread