Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Recently bought car = ?????? milage on trans oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Vik
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recently bought car = ?????? milage on trans oil

So I've got classic signs of the transmission needing an oil change. Reverse sometimes, its rare, but sometimes doesn't click into gear making me grind a bit and first doesn't like to slip into gear from a stop occasionally without me releasing the clutch and reapplying it.

Problem is, its a new car to me and I don't know how long its been since the last change. I've heard horror stories of trans having an oil change and never moving again. What do you guys recommend I do?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Vik
So I've got classic signs of the transmission needing an oil change. Reverse sometimes, its rare, but sometimes doesn't click into gear making me grind a bit and first doesn't like to slip into gear from a stop occasionally without me releasing the clutch and reapplying it.

Problem is, its a new car to me and I don't know how long its been since the last change. I've heard horror stories of trans having an oil change and never moving again. What do you guys recommend I do?

Well, I would dismiss that old wives tell. And....When it doubt, change it out! That wives tell is more geared towards automatics anyways (not that I believe it anyway)
Let me know if you have any more questions and check us out below!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Vik
Staging Lane

Ah, yea, I was told that when I changed the automatic's.

Hmm, pearland. I'll come by to get that oil changed in a few days. I'm busy til thursday. How much do you guys charge?