Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS1 clutch questions...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 clutch questions...HELP!

Ok so after adding some bolt ons to my '00 WS6 M6 i took the car out and it ran fine so i shut it down to wash it. Later in the same day I took it back out and it shifted fine but when i would give about half throttle the rpms would raise but the car would shake and no power was put to the tires.... i figured that the clutch was spinning. So i pulled of the road and openned the hood to let it cool off for a minute, but there is absolutely no smell from the clutch burning. Also the I have to let the clutch all the way out before it finally catches(it usually engages when the pedal is about half way out) So if anyone has any ideas how this could happen out of the blue and any insight as to what I need to do. Thanks for any help!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:09 AM
FormerVendor

Well, it seems that you are most likely looking a clutch that is reaching the end of its life. This would account for the clutch slippage and the high pedal. It sounds like its time for a new clutch...so, let me know what your plans are in terms of mods for the future and I will be happy to assist you in determining what stage would best suit your needs. Thanks,

Last edited by SPEC-01; 06-17-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:34 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like a Clutch is going south, as Spec said. Check us out, we are a dealer for Monster clutches and we have a sale going on right now.

Quick Reply: LS1 clutch questions...HELP!