General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Dashboard Symbols

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard Symbols

Ok car is a 2000 camaro... Well anyway im getting a light on my dashboard thats on and no its not the check engine light. Its the very 1st light all the way at the top and its a symbol of a little red arrow pointing down with like a sqiggly line right underneath the arrow. Does anyone know wat this symbol means?

Also it only comes on at start up. Ive noticed that if i start it up i can cut it off and start it up again until it goes off. When its off its off. Never pops on or anything while im driving. If i start the car up and its on then it will stay on even if im driving until i cut the car off. Thanks for the help guys

Last edited by demarco313; 06-17-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Low coolant light, check your antifreeze level or clean the sensor. Mines stopped working but coolant was full and I didn't feel like buying another sensor so I unplugged it for the time being. If you do that just keep an eye out on the temp sensor.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks man.. So if i unplug it will will that be ok? how long can i ride around with it unplugged or it doesnt matter? thanks

Quick Reply: Dashboard Symbols