Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

3 bar map sensor instalation help

Old 06-17-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3 bar map sensor instalation help

Ok I know I'm asking a lot of questions lately but I need help and search and google just aint cutting it. I keep finding all kinds of stuff about 2 bar map sensors but nothing about 3 bar.

The problem is I have a fast 3bar map sensor and for the life of me can't figure out how to connect it. Is there some kind of pig tail to connect the stock wireing harness to the map sensor? I have tryed calling fast 3 days in a row and sit on hold for like 2 hours at a time.

Also I have read that the best way to connect the map sensor is by tapping the manifold and putting in a barbed fitting with a piece of vacum line running to the map sensor. That would of worked great if the engine was still out of the car but it isn't and reaching the back of the manifold will be a PITA! Also I would have all those shavings from tapping my intake in my engine I know they're only plastic but... Still don't sound like a good thought.

My idea is put it in its stock location but to... (hate to sound so redneck on this) gorilla glue it in place lol I know the stock one works because it sees no pressure since its under vaccum all the time but what about this idea with close to 20psi. Will it just blow it right out? Anyone have and suggestions and or places to get the connector also

Thanks!!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, there is a short pig tail wire ssy. that hooks to your stock map sensor plug and th eother end go's to your new map sensor plug. I have one, if you want to purchase it., Never been used.

Search this Thread