Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch: which 1 & why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch: which 1 & why?

I was interested in a Textralia a while back but now I am reading many negative posts about the durability of that product. I have heard repeted bad reviews of the Spec stuff as of the last year or so so I checked those of the list. After using the "search" function, I found many informative threads about these and many others but there was one that stood out high above all the rest.

The Monster

I will be putting a twin turboed 427 into my brand new 2010 Camaro here in the next couple of weeks. My goal is to make 800 wheel HP. The proper clutch has been a question since project conception. I do not plan an racing it (regularly anyway. lol). Street driving and rolling acceleration are priorities so no leg breaker pressure plates and absolutely no dash rattlers. It will have a set of drag radials on it but it will NOT be at the local dragstrip every Friday night getting the 6000RPM sidestep treatment.

After clicking many windows on the Monster website, I have to wonder if the 6.5 isnt the one for me. I think it will be between the 5.5 and the 6.5 but I'd really like to hear some feedback from anyone who knows anything at all first hand about either of these.

Also, if anyone feels there is another contender left out, please feel free to educate me. I'd rather stay away from twin disks unless someone knows of one that fits the bill without rattling, clunking, chattering, etc ... I want this car to be an enjoyable driving experience in all senses.

Thanks in advance!

David
Old 06-18-2009, 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

Well, as you may or may not know, teh 5.5 and 6.5 are new, and hence not many out there to give that type of info. Assuming you are making in teh neighborhood of 900+ if you are looking at these, correct? I do have feedback on the Level VI Monster. It is a clutch that just kicks ***, grabs like hell, period. DD material? Depending on what you can put up with, but from sounds of it, probaly not. Is gonna give you a bit of chatter, and is pretty much off/on. Since I am a dealer for Monster, I will send Steve a PM and get him to give you some feedback on teh 5.5 and 6.5 (which I do carry) OK?
So, you can check us out in teh link below, thanks.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Codefive
I was interested in a Textralia a while back but now I am reading many negative posts about the durability of that product. I have heard repeted bad reviews of the Spec stuff as of the last year or so so I checked those of the list. After using the "search" function, I found many informative threads about these and many others but there was one that stood out high above all the rest.

The Monster

I will be putting a twin turboed 427 into my brand new 2010 Camaro here in the next couple of weeks. My goal is to make 800 wheel HP. The proper clutch has been a question since project conception. I do not plan an racing it (regularly anyway. lol). Street driving and rolling acceleration are priorities so no leg breaker pressure plates and absolutely no dash rattlers. It will have a set of drag radials on it but it will NOT be at the local dragstrip every Friday night getting the 6000RPM sidestep treatment.

After clicking many windows on the Monster website, I have to wonder if the 6.5 isnt the one for me. I think it will be between the 5.5 and the 6.5 but I'd really like to hear some feedback from anyone who knows anything at all first hand about either of these.

Also, if anyone feels there is another contender left out, please feel free to educate me. I'd rather stay away from twin disks unless someone knows of one that fits the bill without rattling, clunking, chattering, etc ... I want this car to be an enjoyable driving experience in all senses.

Thanks in advance!

David
David,

Steve, the owner of Monster Clutch Co, is very interested in this project and would like to discuss it with you further. Please give us a call at the shop.

Matt
817-750-2000