Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Drivetrain breakage ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivetrain breakage ????

Last night I was out driving my built 2001 Z06. I was driving to get gas and on my way back I slowed to stop at a light that soon turned green I was in first @ about 10mph and I got on the car as I shifted to 2nd it felt liked i missed a shift. I tried to put it in a higer gear annd nothing just slipping no matter what gear. I limped it into a parking lot a few hundred feet away and shut the car off. My buddy in the passenger seat assured me that I didn't miss a gear saying it engaged and just poped. The ws no loud noise or bang. as I was limping it into the parking lot there was a faint ginding noise. The car will not move on its own power it sounds like the clutch is just spinning. If the car is in gear the spedo will move. The clutch still has a feel to it and there is no fluids on the ground. I just had a GM ls7 cluth installed by a well known speed shop about 600 miles ago what do you guys think happend?

Thankyou
Old 06-21-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Your VSS is located in the differential, so if your speedo is registering, then you've broke something in your Ring&pinion.