General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Omron 7236

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omron 7236

Last year the 01 Firehawk was driven home by my wife and left in the driveway. When I told her to drive into the garage it wouldn't start, nothing, no click, NOTHING. I "shook" the wiring looking for a loose connection, checked the battery posts, checked the starter, checked the relays in the fusebox, nothing. Looked at the 01 WS6 and noticed the relays were pliugged in different (all this same way). Tried the car again, it started fine. No more trouble last year. This year ran the car on Mother's Day, no problem. Went to a Show and Shine today 100 km from home (it was a good drive). The demolition derby was great especially the trucks. Go to leave NOTHING! Dead starter all other electrics just fine. Shook the harnesses nothing! Pulled the starter relay and swithed it with the ignition relay, the starter turned fine, no spark. Switched the #2 fan relay with the ignition relay and the car started. I noticed the fan was running also. Drove the car home and will be going to the Pontiac dealer tomorrow to order 2 new relays (one to use and one to lose). Anyone else have this happen?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. I had the same thing happen to me. At first I thought it was the battery. Then played around with the relays and it started fine. I went to pep boys and replaced all of them.

Quick Reply: Omron 7236