General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

power steering problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default power steering problems

hey guys, just to let u know with my past history, i had a power steering cooler leak and just got rid of it and by-passed it and ever since then my power steering has been working fine. But today i went to my doctors office, and was in a tight area trying to turn around so i didnt have to back into traffic, so i made a whole bunch of little turns while barely moving and noticed that my power steering wasn't working really, i had to really muscle my wheel to turn it... So i ended up driving home like that, and as i was taking turns at intersections it was really tough to steer so it felt like my power steering died. So i decide to go to my mechanics to have him check it out, and on my way i was kind of upset and it was a little wet so i just gunned my car in first threw second gear and after i did that my steering felt free again, and i stopped and took a really sharp turn into driveway and my power steering seems to be fine again? so i have no idea why it did that and now its working
Old 06-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe you should flush the system real good and put all new fluid in. Maybe it was a blockage.

Get a power steering fluid filter to put inline somewhere. They collect all the crap over time.