View Full Version : This IS a rotor problem!.. right?

_DOA_RA
06-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Before I go trooping off to spend money that I really don't have, I wanted to get some opinions.

Problem:

Squeaking noise (seems to come from front left wheel) but is very audible at low speeds turning to the left (into the wheel). But when a small amount of brake pressure is applied and held, the squeaking stops, until I let off the brakes.

Plus:

Applying slight to moderate brake pressure at most speeds yields front end vibration, felt thru the steering wheel and in my pants. Just before stopping, the brakes seem to grip a lot more suddenly then let up in a systematic fashion (under constant brake pressure), with what I guess is every one tire revolution.

Thoughts?

Many thanks!

LCplmarine98
06-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Pull the rotors have em turned and put some disc brake quiet on the pads thats the best way to trouble shoot, maybe check if the front end is lubed?

wssix99
06-24-2009, 07:47 AM
The pulsating is probably warped rotors.

Your squeaking is probably your front bearings going out. (The squeak they sometimes make sounds a lot like squeaking brakes.)

Shake
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
The pulsating is probably warped rotors.

Your squeaking is probably your front bearings going out. (The squeak they sometimes make sounds a lot like squeaking brakes.)

^^^Yep....what he said.

xbcrguy182x
06-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Im having the same exact issue. My bearings feel tight though. I have cheap rotors installed, so that may be the issue.

pjb
06-24-2009, 01:30 PM
I would check the brake pads before replacing the rotors.

RooRnZ28
06-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I would check the brake pads before replacing the rotors.

i agree... and if they need to be replaced then just get new rotors while you're at it

_DOA_RA
06-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Thank you gentlemen.