Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

BBC Conversion questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBC Conversion questions

I would normally PM someone but I figured I would ask the group. What are you guys doing as far as your fuel system connections with an electric fuel pump. I have mine routed from the carb to the electric fuel pump then I believe a hose of some sort into the fuel tank itself. I didnt set this up. Was in a hurry so I had some buddies doing that. Whats a better way to make this work?

Also, whats the process of getting my car insurance and tag with all the new big block information on it. I havent even started this task yet. Any recommendations?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Staging Lane

just tell them its a stock car...they dont need to know what your rockin under the hood...as far as your fuel system goes...im going to assume its a holley type pump like a blue, or black pump type. these kinds of in-line pumps push better than they pull. with that being said. as long as your buddys tagged into the appropriate line from the tank. and the pump is mounted as close to the tank as possible. AND you have no leaks...go kill it. oh p.s. if you have a fuel pressure regulator you want your fuel pressure at the carb. around 6.5 to 7 psi.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

when i put a bbc in my 86 the insurance company just asked for the vin#, which was originally a V-6 car.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds right, that is how i convert all my EFI cars to carbed, unless you want to sump the factory tank.

Quick Reply: BBC Conversion questions