Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NXL kit problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 08:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXL kit problems?

I saw this system for the LS1 and it looks sweet and I was sold on it. And I'm not really a "wet kit" person. But the NXL's direct port is a work of art. Until i came home from SEMA and did some searches on the kit and seen all the people having trouble. Is this the norm? Or was the problems only part of the first batch and now they aren't an issue any longer. I know it's alittle pricey but I was ready to start saving for the kit, but now I might just stick with a small "dry shot" with my ATI setup like Ken G did on his car. He made 622rwhp with the NOS dry kit and a 8-9# P1SC kit. That's inpressive. Kevin (NoGo) is one hell of a tuner as well from all i've heard. All NXL guys chime in and tell me your experiences with the kit. Thanks.

Den
Old 11-12-2003, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02BlackWS6
I saw this system for the LS1 and it looks sweet and I was sold on it. And I'm not really a "wet kit" person. But the NXL's direct port is a work of art. Until i came home from SEMA and did some searches on the kit and seen all the people having trouble. Is this the norm? Or was the problems only part of the first batch and now they aren't an issue any longer. I know it's alittle pricey but I was ready to start saving for the kit, but now I might just stick with a small "dry shot" with my ATI setup like Ken G did on his car. He made 622rwhp with the NOS dry kit and a 8-9# P1SC kit. That's inpressive. Kevin (NoGo) is one hell of a tuner as well from all i've heard. All NXL guys chime in and tell me your experiences with the kit. Thanks.

Den
I think it's a really nice kit.... the main problem was that many of the kits including mine were missing parts - nothing wrong with the kit other than some of them were missing some stuff which NX has sent out the missing pieces to everyone.

The only other problem that was mentioned is that the dyno read that the car was down on power compared with what the jets said. Apparently, because of the way the system works, it is applying the power as it is supposed to but the dyno numbers can sometimes read lower. There apparently is a slight hesitation point where the fuel is being fed into the nitrous lines on the rails which when used on the dyno causes it to read lower than it should. They will be releasing a fix for this sometime in the near future.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have posted about this several times over the last few weeks do a search under my name.

I am very happy with the kit. I got one from the first shipment and I was missing parts but I think that issue haas been solved.

My biggest complaint was the customer service but that has also been taken care of.

Bottomline I am probably one of the people that had the most problems but I would buy it again today if I didnt already.

Mike
Old 11-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Restricted User

I had no real problems, but theres no way in hell you can get me to separate with my NXL....not even during the next year I will be deployed. Nope aint goin to do it, dont want to.