New Products Showcase Come inside to see the newest hardware!

Texas Speed Engine Dyno Cell FINALLY COMPLETE!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:06 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Texas Speed Engine Dyno Cell FINALLY COMPLETE!

After nearly 3 months of working on the engine dyno test cell, we've finally completed this project! As a lot of you guys already know, we spend countless hours engine dyno-testing our products in an effort to improve them, as well as compare them to our competitors' products. We had the new Superflow 902 custom-configured, so we will be able to begin dyno pulls as early as 2000 RPM to show complete data for a usable RPM powerband for true street vehicles!

Our engine dyno testing will begin immediately, so you can expect to see results posted up on a regular basis! We have a stock LS1 on the dyno right now that we're going to install an LS6 intake on to use as a baseline. EVERYTHING will be tested in an effort to improve on past parts. We will not accept that just because something has worked well in the past does not mean that it cannot be improved! We currently have 20 different camshafts for testing with durations below the 230 mark! We're going to perform side-by-side comparisons for every camshaft possible in an effort to maximize power for the customers' individual goals.

As a result, we will also be testing competitors' camshafts that make claims to produce super-human power. If anyone has a camshaft sitting around that you would like to be tested shoot me a PM. If we have time, we will do side-by-side testing to show how it compares to other camshafts on the market.

We plan on keeping many of the non-customer parts that we test in case anyone would like to drive/fly in to see the testing with their own eyes. Let that be a warning to people that want to try to discredit or call B.S. on any testing we're doing. THE DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN! If someone wants to pay a little cash to cover the dyno time, we would be happy to re-dyno any combination that someone would like to see with their own eyes! We're offering honest results, good or bad. Anyone that wants to witness any of the testing needs to let us know!

Enjoy the pictures.

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 06-25-2009, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work guys have fun testing.

Nate
Old 06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man that looks like a lot of fun. Now I have to buy one

If you don't mind what did that setup run you guys?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:50 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Very nice!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the support guys. By the time the thing was complete & right it has about $75,000 in it. They're really serious when they say the dyno is only half of it. I thought I could do it for cheaper, but it really nickel & dimes getting everything right & together. The bad thing is the cost in testing everything I want to test! LOL I've already gone through over 20 camshafts & tons of $$ in testing on camshafts at or bellow 224 duration on a stock motor! LOL
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Thanks for the support guys. By the time the thing was complete & right it has about $75,000 in it. They're really serious when they say the dyno is only half of it. I thought I could do it for cheaper, but it really nickel & dimes getting everything right & together. The bad thing is the cost in testing everything I want to test! LOL I've already gone through over 20 camshafts & tons of $$ in testing on camshafts at or bellow 224 duration on a stock motor! LOL
Not to mention the gas you've already burnt so far!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

Looks good and clean!

Brent

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Speed Engine Dyno Cell FINALLY COMPLETE!