Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAC questions

I have a 2001 WS6 that has been idiling too high for several days after the engine was driven for 20 minutes or so. I cleaned the MAF. I removed the IAC and cleaned the end of it and the area inside the TB where it goes. Is there any service that needs to be done to the IAC? Do I disassemble it, push it, pull it, twist it to clean it? I thought I had it fixed yesterday but this morning it started idiling high again. Do they go bad?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is more of an external engine/general maintenance type of question, so I'm gonna try moving this to another section to help you find the answers you are looking for.

I've never had an IAC stepper motor go bad, but that doesn't mean they can't. Have you checked everything that attaches to the intake manifold to see if there is a vacuum leak somewhere (especially around the back where a few systems use the manifold vacuum)?

Do you have any ability to scan data, or have any friends with HPTuners/EFILive/something similar that could look at your IAC counts when it is doing this?