Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car goes lean after WOT. need some advise

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car goes lean after WOT. need some advise

I got one problem. i dont know where to put it,

I got ad mild h/c/i combo+ 150 shot, and a mail order tune from texasspeed tuned for the nitrous,

I only have a narrowband hooked up to the ecu,
When i start the car the gauge shows rich, and when it gets warm it reads optimal, and if i start driving it reads optinal,
But if i WOT the car the gauge goes to lean rigth after i let the pedal go, and stays there,

If i then turn it off and restart the motor it goes back to optinal, but soon as i use some power it reads lean agen,

What could this be? Is the narrowband just BS, or is there realy something wrong?

Car run and sounds well, but is rather underpowered i.m.o.

I noticed that one of my o2sensor extension had layd to close to the header and damaged a littlebit, but i fixed that and saw no diffirent,

Sorry about the poor english,

Best regards!
Old 06-25-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

usually narrowbands will read correct at WOT and everything inbetween I don't take to seriously.

I would get it on a dyno and get the A/F if possible, and maybe replace the 02 sensor that got burt.

is it going lean on spray or on motor or both after WOT?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only damage was on the carton around the wires from the sensor, the sensor is brandnew,

This is n/a.
I've not had the guts to try the gas because of this, those are the very first miles at a brand new motor
Old 06-26-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is normal, and a good thing. It is the operation of DFCO (decel fuel cutoff) that is aimed at getting you some fuel mileage by cutting the injectors in places that it is possible such as decel and deep decel areas. If it stays lean ALL the time once this behavior begins, then there may be an issue.