View Full Version : People's perception of fast...

Swift_01_z-28
06-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Okay, so I am sitting here and work and something happened today that got me thinking about how we percieve what going fast in a car really is.

This guy pulls up to work today in a new G6. Not a gt or gtp or gxp model, just a plain jane v6. I think 200hp, i could be wrong but whatever, ya'll get the point. Anyway, he gets out and comes over and starts talking to me. I ask him how he likes his car and he begins to tell me how it's just super fast and super nice and blah blah blah... I don't say anything, I just smile and say that's cool and we go our seperate ways.

Now, I have been sitting here for a while thinking about this, and I am wondering what ya'll's opinion on this is. I was thinking, that maybe to him, the car does feel fast. But to someone like me, it would feel unreally slow. BTW, I know a normal v6 g6 is slow as balls, I beat one in my bolt-on g5 when I had one, and that thing was stupidly slow.

Anyway, I guess what I am trying to get at, is why does it seem like so many people have the misperceptions on what is fast and what isn't. To some people 200hp is like a million, and to me, it's like half my motor.

I understand that everyone has their own preference, but I just can't figure out how someone would think that something like that would be fast. It's like with a friend of mine who had an 07 eclipse gt, quick little car, but, as soon as we got ls1's, it was like that thing wasn't shit.

I don't know, I was just thinking about it, though I might see what ya'll think.

brad8266
06-26-2009, 06:46 PM
A 600HP car doesnt feel that fast to me anymore. You get used to power and adapt so eventually it doesnt feel that fast. I remember when I first got a LS1 and it was stock and felt fast, now a stock ls1 is a slow turd to me.

Swift_01_z-28
06-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, i know when I first bought my car, it felt fast as hell, now after almost a year, with little to no modding, it feels like a slow ass car.

Z28 Bacon Evader
06-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Because some people have never driven in quicker cars.

TheBlueKnight
06-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Yup, you always get used to it. When I bought my Trans Am Last year the fastest thing I'd ever driven was my 94' Accord with 145hp, I used to think it was fast!:jest: First time I floored it in my T/A coming back from the dealership I got all scared, it felt so bad ass! A year later I have all these mods and it feels slow.

t/afrom504
06-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Well, i know when I first bought my car, it felt fast as hell, now after almost a year, with little to no modding, it feels like a slow ass car.

same here...when i got my cutout 2 yrs ago i thought i was fastest shit in the world...now just looking at all these nice cars on here I only feel loud and slow:(

keith_AE2010
06-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I drive a v6 everyday that is pretty slow, but faster than stock. I have never driven an ls1, so I would prob get in it and be amazed. Then someone with full bolt ons on there ls1 would get in the same car that just amazed me and wonder why it was so slow. Its all in what your used to.

Blackened2k
06-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Jet pilots must hate driving considering how slow everything is. :lol:

SparkyJJO
06-26-2009, 10:09 PM
My V6 Camaro felt like a rocket when I first got it compared to my old car (93 taurus). Now it feels normal, even slow. I'd love to drive/own an LS1 powered Camaro.

MrElectric03
06-26-2009, 10:09 PM
To me a mid 11 car is fast, 10 sec bracket is pretty fast and single digits are like lightning. Thats just because I havent gone 10s in my car yet and I havent built a single digit car yet. After that im sure ill look at things differently. It all depends on what you are used to.

406malibu
06-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I drive a v6 everyday that is pretty slow, but faster than stock. I have never driven an ls1, so I would prob get in it and be amazed. Then someone with full bolt ons on there ls1 would get in the same car that just amazed me and wonder why it was so slow. Its all in what your used to.

My bolt on LS1 feels slow :( on a side note, my heavy v6 vert camaro back in the day felt fast as hell when I first got it :D I thought it was this shit back in the day.

unit213
06-26-2009, 10:26 PM
10.50's and 135mph traps literally feels slow to me. It sucks.

406malibu
06-26-2009, 10:31 PM
10.50's and 135mph traps literally feels slow to me. It sucks.

haha yea I feel ya. dads got a car that I drive at the track and it runs consistent 7.2's in the 1/8th (should be low/mid 11s int he 1/4) and it feels slow. once I graduate with my degree I plan on slowly adding a 408/procharger to my car, so I'm aiming for around 750/850 and I know once its said and done it'll feel slow after about a month.

Super Speed
06-26-2009, 10:32 PM
It's all relative to what you have ridden in really! I'm shooting for around 1k whenever I get done with school... 1k should be PLENTY :jest: if not RACEGAS :devil:

keith_AE2010
06-26-2009, 10:33 PM
haha yea I feel ya. dads got a car that I drive at the track and it runs consistent 7.2's in the 1/8th (should be low/mid 11s int he 1/4) and it feels slow. once I graduate with my degree I plan on slowly adding a 408/procharger to my car, so I'm aiming for around 750/850 and I know once its said and done it'll feel slow after about a month.

At that point you can proceed to give me the keys. Thanks buddy.

bobodog
06-26-2009, 10:33 PM
okay so what would feel fast to john force??

keith_AE2010
06-26-2009, 10:36 PM
I rode in a 69 Chevelle with a builtish(full bolt ons and cammed) 396 with a 6 speed and it was the bomb, fastest I've ever ridden in. I thought it was awesome, but if you think about it, it really wasn't to most of you guys standards because he had street tires and was barely spinning them. Maybe he couldn't drive good, but he spun on every shift until he went into sixth.

Gaunt
06-26-2009, 10:36 PM
People just don't know any better. Single digits is movng pretty quick to me

406malibu
06-26-2009, 11:16 PM
At that point you can proceed to give me the keys. Thanks buddy.

sorry keith. Even with bolt ons my dad is the only one I trust with my car, and thats simply because he has driven stuff way faster than mine, and if he breaks it, he'll fix it LOL. I will how ever give you a ride when I get done with the build. Figure an f1 procharger and 408 should leave me plenty happy for a while. if not, like super speed said, i'll just use better gas and crank up the boost :D.

LS1-450
06-26-2009, 11:20 PM
To sum it up; It's all relative.

keith_AE2010
06-26-2009, 11:49 PM
I will how ever give you a ride when I get done with the build.

I hope I can take you up on this. Your car is pretty nice already, and sounds great.

02BLACKTAWS6
06-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Modding is a disease. Like any addiction, you build tolerance to the euphoria.

I8ASaleen
06-27-2009, 04:08 AM
I first drove my T/A after having a 93 Chrysler Town & Country aaaaaaaaaand holy crap was it fast. Now even after full bolt-ons it's completely slow to me. Heads/cam then it will be fast for a bit, but not enough yet.

ICEMAN 31
06-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Okay, so I am sitting here and work and something happened today that got me thinking about how we percieve what going fast in a car really is.

This guy pulls up to work today in a new G6. Not a gt or gtp or gxp model, just a plain jane v6. I think 200hp, i could be wrong but whatever, ya'll get the point. Anyway, he gets out and comes over and starts talking to me. I ask him how he likes his car and he begins to tell me how it's just super fast and super nice and blah blah blah... I don't say anything, I just smile and say that's cool and we go our seperate ways.

Now, I have been sitting here for a while thinking about this, and I am wondering what ya'll's opinion on this is. I was thinking, that maybe to him, the car does feel fast. But to someone like me, it would feel unreally slow. BTW, I know a normal v6 g6 is slow as balls, I beat one in my bolt-on g5 when I had one, and that thing was stupidly slow.

Anyway, I guess what I am trying to get at, is why does it seem like so many people have the misperceptions on what is fast and what isn't. To some people 200hp is like a million, and to me, it's like half my motor.

I understand that everyone has their own preference, but I just can't figure out how someone would think that something like that would be fast. It's like with a friend of mine who had an 07 eclipse gt, quick little car, but, as soon as we got ls1's, it was like that thing wasn't shit.

I don't know, I was just thinking about it, though I might see what ya'll think.

Technically we will always loose this argument because it is not a misconception. If you take the percentage of people who have driven or have 10 second and below cars and the ones that don't then if we had a vote if 100mph or a 12 second car is fast than we would get crushed by all the yes's. You have to understand, its not a misconception. It is fast If you consider what the majority have experienced. Almost all animals learn by repetition, including humans and the tiny percentage that have 6gagillion HP cars have adapted and become accustomed eventually. Hell technically fast car is whatever is faster than what you have experienced in a vehicle. Like what was said about the jet fighter pilot, he would think the fastest car you ever driven in was the equivalent of a bicycle, and thinks you have a misconception of speed.

So technically.....Its a all relative

whytryz28
06-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Jet pilots must hate driving considering how slow everything is. :lol:

My aunt says nothing will compare to a fighter jet pulling 6g's doing a Split S.

One day I will ride in an F-22 :D

SlowFRC
06-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Modding is a disease. Like any addiction, you build tolerance to the euphoria.

Awesome quote, sigged.

My aunt says nothing will compare to a fighter jet pulling 6g's doing a Split S.

One day I will ride in an F-22 :D

This is why I the fastest car I've ridden in is a Whipple Terminator and I want to keep it that way. If I ever got a ride in or drove a 9 second car I'd hate it because I know I would never own anything that fast so all modding would be worthless.

JSmee99T/A
06-27-2009, 08:46 PM
I think there should be a standard rating system for "fast" like the terror alert levels. I mean my buddy just got a gtp not to long ago coming from a grand am. he thought it was fast but i quickly told him no, its more "quick" than fast. I agree some things are relative but we have to have a ball park you know. I barely consider 400whp fast but thats just me and where my car is at. also i think stock vs non should be considered. for instance the c6 zo6 is fast in my opinion one of the greatest bang for your bucks but if you have to force induct a car to keep up with that then relatively speaking its not as fast because it takes more to get to that level...i dunno its no science but people should know a gtp is not fast and a zo6 is and everything can be made to go fast.

02BLACKTAWS6
06-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Awesome quote, sigged.

:cheers:

Shackleford
06-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Fast is fast. But you still have faster and fastest.

There are a lot of fast cars, but fewer faster cars, and only one fastest car.

:P

lemons12
06-28-2009, 01:40 AM

its not that the misinterpret anything or are stupid.. its ignorance.. they just dont know.. just like you and your friend didnt know.. you thought the ls1 was fast... but sit in a 408 with nitrous and then you think it is fast.. then sit in a pro mod... yada yada yada...

most people have never been in a "Fast" car.. i had friends in high school that were into hondas and stuff talking about how they are fast (most had CAIs and a fart can)... i took them for a rid in my nearly bone stock 98 trans am and they about shit a brick over how stupid fast it was... :lol:
i on the other hand was pissed off how slow it was, not because i thought it was slow but because i KNEW how fast "fast/er" cars were (H/C ls1s, 408s, etc)..

just ignorant..

Swift_01_z-28
06-28-2009, 02:15 AM
I agree with you lemons, but maybe it's not so much stupidity as it is that they are just un-educated on the real world of powerful cars.

lemons12
06-28-2009, 02:20 AM
I agree with you lemons, but maybe it's not so much stupidity as it is that they are just un-educated on the real world of powerful cars.

ignorance and stupidity are different.. that was my point..

it is not stupidity, it is ignorance....

ignorance=not knowing other than what you know (uneducated on a matter)
stupid=knowing different and still being stupid (educated but stubborn).. :lol:

of course, some are stupid.. but most are ignorant.. i had a coworker tell me hes not stupid that he KNOWS it is impossible for a car to do a wheelie.. i said, no your not stupid, you are ignorant..

Swift_01_z-28
06-28-2009, 04:22 AM
ignorance and stupidity are different.. that was my point..

it is not stupidity, it is ignorance....

ignorance=not knowing other than what you know (uneducated on a matter)
stupid=knowing different and still being stupid (educated but stubborn).. :lol:

of course, some are stupid.. but most are ignorant.. i had a coworker tell me hes not stupid that he KNOWS it is impossible for a car to do a wheelie.. i said, no your not stupid, you are ignorant..

Yes, that is a perfect display of ignorance. Sounds like he needs to get to a track sometime...

WILWAXU
06-28-2009, 04:33 AM
You don't know, what you don't know.

99FRC
06-28-2009, 08:37 AM
It's funny, when I had my '89 GTA, it was the fastest thing on the street at the time and I never lost races. Now, my DD (Merc CLK 430) has about 40 more HP than that car did and is faster. I actually sold my nitrous FRC vette because it was too slow (12.5 @ 114 w/ 2.01 60ft and 95deg temps) and to get it where I wanted was going to cost more money than I was willing to put into it. I'm planning on a new Camaro with a T76 turbo to see if I can get to 600 RWHP and satisfy my jones, but I imagine a year after I'm done with that project, it will feel slow also.

LS1-450
06-28-2009, 10:25 AM

She may have said 6, but it can be 8-9g's. Fighter pilots are tough Mother F'ers. 5-6's g's will cause mear mortals to pass out. Unbelievable, what fighter pilots can withstand.

Not directed toward any particular reply. Just a general observation.......A bicycle is fast when is hits a brick wall @ 30 MPH & smashes your skull. How's that for a relative comparative?

78novacaine
06-28-2009, 12:22 PM
It's funny, when I had my '89 GTA, it was the fastest thing on the street at the time and I never lost races. Now, my DD (Merc CLK 430) has about 40 more HP than that car did and is faster. I actually sold my nitrous FRC vette because it was too slow (12.5 @ 114 w/ 2.01 60ft and 95deg temps) and to get it where I wanted was going to cost more money than I was willing to put into it. I'm planning on a new Camaro with a T76 turbo to see if I can get to 600 RWHP and satisfy my jones, but I imagine a year after I'm done with that project, it will feel slow also.

no offense but that car should have been a LOT faster than that. my car has seen 12.80's when it was basically stock, and now runs high 12s 110 in hot ass heat and humidity with just exhaust and a lid on 2.2 60's. oh yeah, and 130,000 miles, :lol:

ryonyanko
06-28-2009, 12:57 PM
to me... v6 camaro compared to my base volvo 850 (tank) was sooo fast! then i lost to a caprise classic.. still thought i was fast though. then i got my ls1 and thought it was fassst. then i wanted loud to go along with fast... cutout.

i got used to it by far and was mad when i was even with a newer 350z lol. then i had my lid and thought i was a bit quicker for like two days. then it was back to being sort of slow. now my stall is in and it hasn't been fast sence... no traction makes it seem sooo slow.

when i get tires i might be a little faster. eventually everything feels slow. i get in my dad's car for a week then go back to my camaro shit i'm flying LOL

LS199CAMAROZ28
06-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I sold my first ls1 camaro and at that time my girlfriends maxima felt fast when all i had was my 4cyl. ranger! Then I got my current camaro. Stock felt fast but didn't last long. A few bolt-on's and it felt fast again for a few weeks. Then after heads, cam, clutch, 9" with 4.11's. Car felt really fast for a couple of weeks, now not so much. But with the 6 speed its always fun!

Occasionally I try my best to not drive the car for a couple of weeks. That way I can get a couple of runs in and it feels fast.

00FlowCamaro
06-28-2009, 01:58 PM
When I test drove my LT1 a year ago and bought it I was so happy and just amazed at the power. Adding a mod here and there keeps me happy and enthused about it. Bringing it through the gears on an open highway keeps me into it. Not to mention the compliments every so often I get about it.

Dyosis
06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
I consider an 11 second car without the bottle fast. 12's is easy for an LS1. I think I could be happy with a mid 11 second ride with enough nitrous to run 10's if I get bored. Even in my late teens I never considered 12's that fast. This is just my opinion though. As my car sits, if I could get some decent traction I'd probably run a high 12 and it feels slow compared to when I first bought it when it just had a lid.

lemons12
06-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I consider an 11 second car without the bottle fast. 12's is easy for an LS1. I think I could be happy with a mid 11 second ride with enough nitrous to run 10's if I get bored. Even in my late teens I never considered 12's that fast. This is just my opinion though. As my car sits, if I could get some decent traction I'd probably run a high 12 and it feels slow compared to when I first bought it when it just had a lid.

not to pick on you...

but, i hear this statement from time to time... it doesnt really matter if it runs 11s NA nitrous turbo or sc... its still 11s... its not, "o, that car just ran a mid 6 pass?" "yea, on nitrous" "o shit, thats lame"..

:lol:

kinda annoys me is all i guess...

/rant

Swift_01_z-28
06-29-2009, 03:21 AM
Hey if you spent the money on something, be it nitrous, a blower, a turbo or whatever, and your car is fast, there is no denying that no matter how you made it that way.

Dyosis
06-29-2009, 08:40 AM
not to pick on you...

but, i hear this statement from time to time... it doesnt really matter if it runs 11s NA nitrous turbo or sc... its still 11s... its not, "o, that car just ran a mid 6 pass?" "yea, on nitrous" "o shit, thats lame"..

:lol:

kinda annoys me is all i guess...

/rant

My deal is, when the bottle is empty....the car doesn't run 11's anymore. Not saying the car isn't fast ON the bottle, but it slows down when he can't spray anymore.

JIBBBY
06-29-2009, 08:54 AM
If your winning and out in front your probably going fast...:burn:

Swift_01_z-28
07-02-2009, 11:49 PM
If your winning and out in front your probably going fast...:burn:

+10000.... or at least going faster than the other guy anyway...

ARCTIC '00
07-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Mid 9's still puts a grin on my face! :D

lemons12
07-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Hey if you spent the money on something, be it nitrous, a blower, a turbo or whatever, and your car is fast, there is no denying that no matter how you made it that way.

my point...

My deal is, when the bottle is empty....the car doesn't run 11's anymore. Not saying the car isn't fast ON the bottle, but it slows down when he can't spray anymore.

belt breaks.. no more supercharger.... etc etc etc...
its not like that rarely happens either..

im "just saying".. :lol;

you can get a good 10 sprays out of a bottle... no way in hell i would use that in 1-2 nights... or on a trip to the track..

most you usually spray is 2-3 shots on an outing.. on the street or strip..

Arc00TA
07-03-2009, 11:17 AM
A good gauge of how fast my car is (especially to other people), I like the first time I get back in it and drive after I get back from a deployment. WHOOOOEEEEEEE she feels like lightning. A week after that its slow again.

violent_celerity
07-03-2009, 03:42 PM
fastest car ive owned was a low 15 second foxbody, so when i ride in an 11-12 second car, it feels really fucking fast. 13-14 second cars not as much, but it all depends on what youve ridden in and what youve owned.

Nacho SS
07-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I've just owned my SS. And at first it felt really fast...then the novelty kinda wore off. Each new mod brings grins to my face. Its a 13-second DD so I don't complain, but its no race car and I know that for a fact.

bjamick
07-03-2009, 04:32 PM
My car feels slow as shit, that may be bc it is :(.

unit213
07-03-2009, 05:32 PM
belt breaks.. no more supercharger.... etc etc etc...
its not like that rarely happens either..

It's been 6 years now and I haven't broken a single belt. However,
I ran through several hundred nitrous bottles. Methinks your point sucks. :punch:

Don't hate me, but it's the truth. :D

bjamick
07-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I ran through several hundred nitrous bottles. Methinks your point sucks. :punch:

That's cause your shit don't make enough power to break it. Don't worry, one day it will happen. Just gotta give it time. lmao.

unit213
07-03-2009, 05:52 PM
That's cause your shit don't make enough power to break it. Don't worry, one day it will happen. Just gotta give it time. lmao.

You're right. 750fwhp isn't very much. Oh well, I'll have the fuel system
done shortly so I can make use of the 150 shot. That should help make
a few more ponies. Maybe even enough to break a belt or two. ;)

Swift_01_z-28
07-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey, ya'll leave Unit alone. I love that cobra he's got. I want one sooooooooooooooo badddddddd. I am an f-body fan til the day I die, but if someone told me I could get a cobra it would just mean I would have to get rid of my f-body, I would do it in a heartbeat.

BTW, Unit what does 650rwhp feel like especially ripping through the gears, and do you still have your stock rear end and t56?

lemons12
07-03-2009, 05:56 PM

and...... shot down.. :lol:

how about.......... a slipping belt...

ok im just fishing for shit now.. :lol:
point is, if its fast.... its fast.

:stupid:

yea, but blowers dont like nitrous... your only going to pick up like 20rwhp with that... and no TQ gains whatsoever..

why waste the money?:confused:

:chug:

bjamick
07-03-2009, 06:02 PM

I keed, I keed, hell my car only makes like 400-420rwhp haha. It's weak I know. Maybe one know i can have a chance to have a taste of that forced air :bang:.

unit213
07-03-2009, 07:02 PM
BTW, Unit what does 650rwhp feel like especially ripping through the gears, and do you still have your stock rear end and t56?

It feels slow to me. You get used to it and you always want more power.
Rear end is a built solid axle. Stock T-56.

and...... shot down.. :lol:

how about.......... a slipping belt...

Ok, you win on the slipping belt arguement. :jest:

yea, but blowers dont like nitrous... your only going to pick up like 20rwhp with that... and no TQ gains whatsoever..

why waste the money?:confused:

Another good point. A 100 shot is only good for about 125rwhp / 200rwtq.
It's not really worth the $500 for the nitrous kit...but you already know this. ;)
Actually, nitrous was the very first mod to my Cobra. :D Here's an old install pic:

http://i42.tinypic.com/291iye0.jpg

I keed, I keed, hell my car only makes like 400-420rwhp haha. It's weak I know.
Maybe one know i can have a chance to have a taste of that forced air :bang:.

Just remember, there's no replacemet for cubic inches...except cubic dollars. :devil: :lol:

Sarge_13
07-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I never had a belt break either and I was putting down more power than unit. Except I didn't have it long enough to break a belt :lol:

allbaugh_04
07-03-2009, 08:37 PM
You just get used to it. My cutlass cierra probably had 100 horse and then my grand am had like 155, it felt fast...then i stepped into the LS1, can you imagine?

Swift_01_z-28
07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Well, I had an 04 sunfire a4 with intake and exhaust, and an 07 g5 a4 with intake and exhaust. And then I bought the Z. Yeah man, I understand completely lol.

Noxious
07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
As much as I hate to say it I'd imagine even formula 1 drivers, top fuel drivers, and fighter pilots get accustomed to the speeds and forces they experience.

That's why everybody tries to go faster :thumb:

Super Speed
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I remember when my car stock felt fast...miss those days :(

lovescamaros28
07-03-2009, 10:10 PM
You get used to your car and it dont feel as fast.I am sure if a ZR1 Corvette owner test drove an LS1 or LT1 Camaro he would feel they were slow as hell!
It is all subjective.

Super Speed
07-03-2009, 10:11 PM
You get used to your car and it dont feel as fast.I am sure if a ZR1 Corvette owner test drove an LS1 or LT1 Camaro he would feel they were slow as hell!
It is all subjective.
Yeah, I know, thats why I want some boost...:secret2:

unit213
07-03-2009, 10:17 PM
It is all subjective.

Both the Corvette ZR1 and a Ls1 or LT1 Camaro feel slow as hell. :(
This is an expensive sickness. :nod:

LS2 KLR
07-04-2009, 05:12 AM
My best friend flies an f-18 super hornet for the navy and brother in law some insanely large jet for the air force, both have ridden in my car. When my buddy rode with me awhile back he started reaching for something to grab as I ran through the gears.

I laughed and asked him how the hell he could be scared. He just simply said, "its a different kind of fast."

CamaroKidZ28
07-04-2009, 08:52 AM
My best friend flies an f-18 super hornet for the navy and brother in law some insanely large jet for the air force, both have ridden in my car. When my buddy rode with me awhile back he started reaching for something to grab as I ran through the gears.

I laughed and asked him how the hell he could be scared. He just simply said, "its a different kind of fast."

he was probably just worried you were gonna hit something :lol:

unit213
07-04-2009, 09:06 AM

I've heard that before. A friend of mine has a 6.60 car (1/4 mile) and he'll
talk about 9 and 10 second street cars being really fast because it's
"different" just like you said.

I-10 b4c runner
07-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I move over to my 2 wheeled toys and remind myself of what fast is !:devil:

lovescamaros28
07-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Both the Corvette ZR1 and a Ls1 or LT1 Camaro feel slow as hell. :(
This is an expensive sickness. :nod:

It all started with the mod bug(lol).

LS2 KLR
07-04-2009, 02:08 PM
I've also noticed it feels a heck of alot faster when you're in the passenger seat. I road in a buddy's cobra whose car is slower than mine but when he got on it, I got a bit of a rush and was loads of fun.

As stated, its all what you're use to. Anytime I ever drove another standard and then drove my car, I seriously thought something was wrong with my clutch. I would get use to it again and forget how rough it was. No wonder my left leg is bigger.

Super Speed
07-04-2009, 04:58 PM
You definitely get a rush whenever you ride in a decently fast car as a passenger, God I love that feeling :drool:

Swift_01_z-28
07-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah, to me, my car feels slow, but when my wife is in the car, she is always grabbing for something to grab hold of. She says it feels fast as hell, but to me it's just a mild bolt-on ls1 that runs strong.