Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp Poly Locks

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Comp Poly Locks

Has any one else had problems with this locks? I have 04 z06 cam with Pro Magnum 1.85s. I broken a total of 5 poly locks( on the dyno, on the street, and lastnight at the track). I called comp and they said they have had no problems with these, that i was over tighting then. I,m a GM mechanic and had several small blocks and big blocks and and never had this problem. I understand that under factory V/C you cannot have as much material in the nuts but I have to find a happy medium. Any suggestions.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:16 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by donnyshane69
Has any one else had problems with this locks? I have 04 z06 cam with Pro Magnum 1.85s. I broken a total of 5 poly locks( on the dyno, on the street, and lastnight at the track). I called comp and they said they have had no problems with these, that i was over tighting then. I,m a GM mechanic and had several small blocks and big blocks and and never had this problem. I understand that under factory V/C you cannot have as much material in the nuts but I have to find a happy medium. Any suggestions.
You breaking the polylock or stud? If so, are you installing the polylock on the flatter side of the rocker trunion?
Old 06-28-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 297 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
You breaking the polylock or stud? If so, are you installing the polylock on the flatter side of the rocker trunion?
^^++I have the same locks and lifters and I have no issues I would think has a point. My cousin who also works for GM here in town gave me the same advise, to not install the polylock on the flatter side because they could crack and brake. Now I know he was right!
Old 06-28-2009, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

I'm breaking the nut off the top. The allen set screw is in the middle of the break. And it does not happen when I tighten the down, It takes a little while. The poly lock is designed to sit on the flat side of the rocker ( common sence). I think it is just weak material.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 297 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyshane69
I'm breaking the nut off the top. The allen set screw is in the middle of the break. And it does not happen when I tighten the down, It takes a little while. The poly lock is designed to sit on the flat side of the rocker ( common sence). I think it is just weak material.
It can happen bro I mean there is always a bad batch of anything, get new ones and see what happens. If they break again then go with something else but the only thing I can think of is a bad batch or material and it got through.

Good luck!