Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 intake help

Old 06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls6 intake help

I installed my ls6 intake yesterday and it seems to running good I can feel definetly the extra power. The only things is that now when I turn on the air conditioning when im idling in neutral I hear the engine change in sound and i can see the rpms go up and down a little and go back to normal idle.

I do have a small leak on the side of the block off plate i made for the egr i dont know if that could affect it?

Any one have an idea of what i did wrong?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

After trying to figure out what my problem was i started it up then turned it off and after i turned off. i heard an air leak on the passenger side. any idea on where it could be leaking. im pretty sure we connected all the hoses and sensors.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

It sounds like you figured out your own problem... get a can of carb clean and spray it around, if the engine changes rpm in a certain spot you know theres a vaccume leak there!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

yea im hoping the leak i heard was the rest of the air leaking out of the block off plate after i turned it off. i just need to get a new gasket for it

Search this Thread