Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Hydros Still issues experts inside please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Hydros Still issues experts inside please!

04 CTS-V Cammed 430rwhp 6month old ls7 PP/FW/DISK brand new ls7 SLAVE/ CTSV-MASTER

I have an 04 CTS-V with a ls7 setup and ls7 slave which i just replaced again because the 6 month old ls7 slave destroyed itself. Also new master.

Prior to replacing these and the slave going out i would be locked out over 5k rpm to shift now i can slam 3rd but when reving 3rd out i feel the clutch pedal come up some and push on my foot when i go to throw 4th it locks me out can anyone give some input is my PP messed up or is there something else im missing here?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 07:30 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SilV8
04 CTS-V Cammed 430rwhp 6month old ls7 PP/FW/DISK brand new ls7 SLAVE/ CTSV-MASTER

I have an 04 CTS-V with a ls7 setup and ls7 slave which i just replaced again because the 6 month old ls7 slave destroyed itself. Also new master.

Prior to replacing these and the slave going out i would be locked out over 5k rpm to shift now i can slam 3rd but when reving 3rd out i feel the clutch pedal come up some and push on my foot when i go to throw 4th it locks me out can anyone give some input is my PP messed up or is there something else im missing here?

Thanks

Wow, dead horse here Stock hydraulics are crap (especially MC) Have you done the drill mod? If not, save your time and go buy a Tick Adj MC. If you have performed it, now go buy a Tick Adj MC.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

Ummm, CTS-V M/C i don't think is the same as an FBODY and i don't recall seeing any aftermarket Masters for a CTS-V.
Also the V has no restrictions in the Master line and i was not having this issue prior to camming it and getting the hydros and clutch really hot on a dyno when getting tuned thats when the issues started. But now I have new Hydros issues better i can slam 3rd but not 4th now.

Last edited by SilV8; 06-29-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone have any input? thats not cluttered with false information? does this sound like a Pressure plate issue?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

Its very possible that its a pressure plate issue. As the pressure plate spins faster, the centrifical force increases dramatically. The fingers on the pressure plate actually suck in and allow some crazy things to happen. This was the whole theory for placing weights on the fingers of the pressure plate like Center Force does. http://www.centerforce.com/popup.tpl?image=Prod_DFX

I've had my clutch pedal stick to the floor on my 94 Mustang Gt under hard throttle in 3rd gear. Its got a Viper spec T56 in it and a basically stock pressure plate with a 6 puck disc. It needs a heavier pressure plate for sure but I wanted to experiment with the setup to see how it would work on the street.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SilV8
Ummm, CTS-V M/C i don't think is the same as an FBODY .

Haha So used to reading threads like that sometimes you start assuming.
To answer your question, the PP could be hanging up. You say it is 6 months old? How many miles or abuse is really what I should say? If still fairly new I would be inclined to say that it is not teh PP, but, if you have some miles and abuse on it, then I would say so.

Let me ask you this:

When you FIRST installed teh clutch, did it do it? If not, has it been a progression over time, gotten worse?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

i had the same problem on my camaro. wouldn't shift at high rpms I changed the hydraulics but it came back. turned out to be bent fingers on the pressure plate. clutch was less than a year old, guess I got a bad one. Or I drive like a jackass. hope this helps.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gen414
Haha So used to reading threads like that sometimes you start assuming.
To answer your question, the PP could be hanging up. You say it is 6 months old? How many miles or abuse is really what I should say? If still fairly new I would be inclined to say that it is not teh PP, but, if you have some miles and abuse on it, then I would say so.

Let me ask you this:

When you FIRST installed teh clutch, did it do it? If not, has it been a progression over time, gotten worse?
It drove perfect i had bolt ons i drive the living **** out of the car i also had it it on bottle for a couple weeks but it never slipped, Once the car was cammed and was tuned on a dyno over an hour on a hot day is when the **** hit the fan.

Originally Posted by blkdkz28
i had the same problem on my camaro. wouldn't shift at high rpms I changed the hydraulics but it came back. turned out to be bent fingers on the pressure plate. clutch was less than a year old, guess I got a bad one. Or I drive like a jackass. hope this helps.
Thanks it might be i drive very aggressive too lol, Does anyone know what after market PP should bolt up to an ls7 setup for the time being i just emptied my pockets for these repairs to still not be fixed.

Last edited by SilV8; 06-30-2009 at 07:22 AM.

Quick Reply: New Hydros Still issues experts inside please!