Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safe to pull Injector plug off while running

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Safe to pull Injector plug off while running

Anyone know if its safe to pull the injector power connctors off while its running to stop fuel to a cylinder for diagnoses? Thanks
Old 06-30-2009, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes! i do it all the time to check for missfires.you may set a code,need a code reader to clear.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 297 Likes on 209 Posts

Whats is the problem?

Is it safe, yes but not for an extended amount of time and DO NOT rev the engine. Yes it sounds stupid to say but I've seen it happen.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Revving probably won't even hurt it...no fuel in that cylinder isn't the same as a lean mixture in that cylinder...it's just going to be pumping a lot of air and thus wasting a lot of energy...and it'll shake some.

I've seen people do stupid things with engine dress and make their harnesses too tight, and wind up having an injector get unplugged, but they usually wind up thinking they did it when they were revving high or something, and they think the shake is actually a damaged valve or pushrod or something...then I show up and click the injector back in and it's like instant smooth engine...then I rip the engine dress off and say "make this better" and go home...you won't hurt anything.

Quick Reply: Safe to pull Injector plug off while running