Gen 5 Racing Tech - Take that rustang fans! Camaro beats Mustang sales in June :)

BalzOnYer4Head
07-01-2009, 01:43 PM
got these stats off Camaro5 (http://www.camaro5.com)

June 09 Camaro sales: 9,320 units sold
June 09 Mustang sales: 7,632 units sold
June 09 Challenger sales: 1,369 units sold

Source (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30317)

Muahaha

BigBronco
07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
You are one of the worst posters on this board since it's creation in late 2001.

NemeSS
07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
i hope alot of the v6s are selling, that way i will be able to buy a used one in a few yrs.:D

Xsta Z 28
07-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Now let's hope it stays that way!

2002_Z28_Six_Speed
07-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Challenger is still a bad ass car.

jmurray87
07-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Not Bad, Of course the car is new...but the Mustang get a refresh as well...I bet once the new motor hits the GT then sales will be a true battle.

I lol'd at Challenger sales.

unit213
07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
That's good news. Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more than 9,000 Camaros per month to pull GM out of the financial hole they're in. We should all be happy to see any American cars selling well. The archaic thought process of GM vs Ford is ridiculous given the state of the automotive industry.

hotrodscrap
07-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Good job, I'd like to help those numbers sometime!

-SS

Chadder
07-01-2009, 03:39 PM
That's good news. Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more than 9,000 Camaros per month to pull GM out of the financial hole they're in. We should all be happy to see any American cars selling well. The archaic thought process of GM vs Ford is ridiculous given the state of the automotive industry.

Agreed. I look at this as ~18,000 American car sales last month.

jimmy92rs
07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
the mustang will overcome the new camaro I believe... since the mustang is more attractive... way to go again GM:bang:

ULTIMATEORANGESS
07-01-2009, 07:38 PM
thats surprising.

challenger sales are terrible. but i did predict it wouldnt outsell a camaro.

ws6ta444
07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Mustang is more attractive?????? I feel the Camaro is a home run. I'm one of those who purchased on Oct. 16th and will be taking delivery in the next couple of days. As the owner of a 4th gen TA, and former 99Z, there is no comparision......

BalzOnYer4Head
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
GM basically sold every single camaro they could make. If they were able to make more than that # they woulda beaten the mustang by even more. Challenger is just dead in the water.

Hardcore Domestics
07-01-2009, 09:29 PM
GM basically sold every single camaro they could make. If they were able to make more than that # they woulda beaten the mustang by even more. Challenger is just dead in the water.Really? Then why is every Chevy dealer in my town covered up with Camaros? The Camaro is selling so good for now, for two reasons, Its the "new thing" to those that arent hardcore Camaro people, the same types that bought Challengers, and the 05 Mustangs when they came out for the same reasons, and the other reason is that there has been such a long lag in there even being an F-body that the Camaro faithfull have all flocked to it at once. Im happy that any American manufacturer is able and willing to make any of these cars anymore considering the way things are today. I like any and all Domestic performance vehicles and even a few foreign ones, but I can assure you I would bet everthing I own that you will be eating those words in a few months. I hope They all sell as many as they can build but I hate say that GM will not keep their current position. Also, like the guy who said a GM vs Ford discussion is archaic, I totally agree. It always seems those discussions generate on the GM forums though. Why does it seem Mustang people always like and respect the GM high performance vehicles, but there is never any love for the Mustangs from the other side? Oh and I have been lurking here for years, I just decided to post here today because I couldnt resist the moronic first post in this thread. I was looking around for info on the new Vortech twin screw blower for the full size gm vehicles, I have an new Tahoe LTZ, and my previous two trucks were TBSSs ( a black one and a custon two tone one) so Im not a ford fanboy.

goat-ee
07-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I wonder what the monthly sales figures on the 05 Mustang were when it 1st came out? If the real world 1/4 mile times stay as pathetic as they have been, and the newness wears off and the base Mustang GT goes to 5.0 and makes 400hp as predicted in 2011, the Camaro sales will go downhill quickly!!

evsmotors
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm not surprised as Camaro fans have been waiting for ages for a new Camaro. They need to keep doing this for the next 4 years and than you can really compare apples to apples.

jmurray87
07-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Really? Then why is every Chevy dealer in my town covered up with Camaros? The Camaro is selling so good for now, for two reasons, Its the "new thing" to those that arent hardcore Camaro people, the same types that bought Challengers, and the 05 Mustangs when they came out for the same reasons, and the other reason is that there has been such a long lag in there even being an F-body that the Camaro faithfull have all flocked to it at once. Im happy that any American manufacturer is able and willing to make any of these cars anymore considering the way things are today. I like any and all Domestic performance vehicles and even a few foreign ones, but I can assure you I would bet everthing I own that you will be eating those words in a few months. I hope They all sell as many as they can build but I hate say that GM will not keep their current position. Also, like the guy who said a GM vs Ford discussion is archaic, I totally agree. It always seems those discussions generate on the GM forums though. Why does it seem Mustang people always like and respect the GM high performance vehicles, but there is never any love for the Mustangs from the other side? Oh and I have been lurking here for years, I just decided to post here today because I couldnt resist the moronic first post in this thread. I was looking around for info on the new Vortech twin screw blower for the full size gm vehicles, I have an new Tahoe LTZ, and my previous two trucks were TBSSs ( a black one and a custon two tone one) so Im not a ford fanboy.

What you see at dealers, are dealer cars...or orders waiting to be picked up. GM has stated that the car is selling better then expected and supply companies can't keep up with the demand...Given the economy state and the fact GM has filled Chapter 11...its amazing to see the Camaro doing this well.

ThisBlood147
07-02-2009, 01:11 AM
The sales numbers for the Chevy and the Ford are solid given the car segment we're talking about. The "rustang" comment, however, was just juvenile.

jimmy92rs
07-02-2009, 04:31 PM
The "rustang" comment, however, was just juvenile.
I agree :nod:

Johnnystock
07-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Its good news!!..maybe it will stay in production till I can afford one new...or used!

SparkyJJO
07-02-2009, 04:41 PM
the mustang will overcome the new camaro I believe... since the mustang is more attractive... way to go again GM:bang:

I disagree. Camaro looks better than the mustang.

JohnFrazee02SS
07-02-2009, 11:35 PM
the 2010 is really growing on me everytime i see one i cant help but stare at it red and silver are beautiful and the SS is a sweet car.

unit213
07-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Don't get overzealous guys...just because a couple Camaros were sold doesn't
mean much unfortunately.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090701/bs_nm/us_autos_sales_3

Hardcore Domestics
07-03-2009, 10:47 PM
What you see at dealers, are dealer cars...or orders waiting to be picked up. GM has stated that the car is selling better then expected and supply companies can't keep up with the demand...Given the economy state and the fact GM has filled Chapter 11...its amazing to see the Camaro doing this well. Nope, sorry you are wrong. They are for sale, over sticker, been there for weeks, have a nice one.

UltraZLS1
07-04-2009, 12:05 PM
LOL...you registered just to argue about camaro sales?

How old are you?

Hardcore Domestics
07-04-2009, 02:04 PM
33, been building all brands of cars since before I could drive. I didnt register to argue about the sales, I registered to post a thread asking about the new vortech twin screw blowers for the ls motors, but after searcing around it seems no one is running one yet. I posted in this thread because it is tiresome hearing the same old moronic rhetoric from people "brand hating" when people should be doing everything they can, politically, and monitarily (buy a new american car) to help the cause of performance domestic vehicles if they truly want too keep them around. Trying to bust down on the manufaturer that has been the strongest of all the domestics in sales, and product lineup, and didnt fuck us harder by taking bailout money, then going ahead and declaring bankruptcy, is pretty damn childish, if you want to question someones mental age. We are luck any of them are around, since most of the types that are involved in performance cars, like to talk alot of politacal shit, but when it come to actuall doing something for our sport, they are too busy talking shit on the internet or drinking beer, to act. Rant over. Peace.

VIPRETR2
07-04-2009, 03:44 PM
That link lists them as sales(deliveries) so I'm guessing that includes the months and months of pre-orders. Not that impressive when you factor that in, unless I am wrong.

Larry

UltraZLS1
07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Well you are doing the exact same thing that you just "ranted" against in your post.

If arguing like a 12 year old about how no camaros are selling in your area and that the sales are just a fad isnt brand hating than I dont know what is. And how are you helping the cause of american sports car sales by dismissing the camaros recent success?

Two wrongs dont make a right son :engarde:

wabmorgan
07-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Mustang is more attractive?????? I feel the Camaro is a home run. I'm one of those who purchased on Oct. 16th and will be taking delivery in the next couple of days. As the owner of a 4th gen TA, and former 99Z, there is no comparision......

The new Camaro does look better than the Mustang. Given.

It doesn't look as good as the 4th gens, especially the Trans Am. :engarde:

93cz28
07-04-2009, 06:07 PM
The new Camaro does look better than the Mustang. Given.

It doesn't look as good as the 4th gens, especially the Trans Am. :engarde:

Trans Am's are nice on the sides and the front. The rear looks like shit.

Cool28
07-04-2009, 07:22 PM
i hope they sell enough to pay back the goverment and bring out the z28 :)

JAY ROD
07-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Good luck finding a camaro on a dealer lot in Canada.I have been looking every time I drive by a g.m store.All you Americans are getting first dibs.(Yes I am Jealous.haha.)
The camaro is a nicer car than the mustang and the LSX engine is a killer set up compared to the hemi and triton style ford engine.
That is why sales are up for G.M.
In Canada a Mustang gt sells for around the same as Camaro ss and Challenger rt cars so it's a no brainer on what you are going to want to buy.422 hp vs. 315 vs. 375.
Camaro wins.

Hardcore Domestics
07-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Well you are doing the exact same thing that you just "ranted" against in your post.

If arguing like a 12 year old about how no camaros are selling in your area and that the sales are just a fad isnt brand hating than I dont know what is. And how are you helping the cause of american sports car sales by dismissing the camaros recent success?

Two wrongs dont make a right son :engarde:I beg to differ, and you can believe Im not your son. I simply stated that their are plenty of them for sale all over my city, I didnt call them Catfish or Mullet Mobiles, or pieces of shit. Dont say Im saying the same thing when Im not. Thanks.:cheers:

LS1BirdDRG
07-04-2009, 07:56 PM
I'd be in a new Camaro as well but decided I needed a family car and kept the Formula. So I bought a G8 instead!
That's my new GM purchase to help the cause...

Hardcore Domestics
07-04-2009, 10:43 PM
I think the G8 is a fantastic looking car and has a ton more market appeal than a 2 door sports car. I also like the CTS-V even though its price tag is a little unreasonable, unless of course you compare it to the cars its intended to go up against, like the M3, M5, AMGs, RSs, etc. I hope so bad for them they figure out a way to make the G8 into a Chevrolet and keep it going. Like people have been saying for years, the American companies should bring over some of their Austraillian 4 door cars. GM finally steps up and brings over an OZ ride, and they decide to do a coupe, and make it look like a Cavalier and make it weigh 2 tons+ and slap a rediculious price tag on it, considering the demgraphics for a car like that.

wabmorgan
07-04-2009, 11:13 PM

http://image.highperformancepontiac.com/f/16663417/hppp_0904_02_z+2001_ws6_trans_am+rearview.jpg http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/77188d1160609630-2000-pontiac-trans-am-ws6-m6-sale-rear-full.jpg

^^^^^ :engarde: T/A rear end LOOKS pretty damn AWESOME you ask me.

silplu83
07-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I think the G8 is a fantastic looking car and has a ton more market appeal than a 2 door sports car. I also like the CTS-V even though its price tag is a little unreasonable, unless of course you compare it to the cars its intended to go up against, like the M3, M5, AMGs, RSs, etc. I hope so bad for them they figure out a way to make the G8 into a Chevrolet and keep it going. Like people have been saying for years, the American companies should bring over some of their Austraillian 4 door cars. GM finally steps up and brings over an OZ ride, and they decide to do a coupe, and make it look like a Cavalier and make it weigh 2 tons+ and slap a rediculious price tag on it, considering the demgraphics for a car like that.

The G8 was nice, unfortunately it didn't sell all that well. Those Camaro sales are not all pre-orders, only about half are. I find it hard to believe that all the Chevy dealers around you are covered in Camaros. You must live in a special part of the country, your either making it up(my guess) or over-exaggerating.

LS1BirdDRG
07-05-2009, 01:21 AM

Well it's too bad you feel that way since that's the view you would see of mine! :devil:
:chug:

I couldn't help myself....you set yourself up for that one!:D

NHRAMAN
07-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Sat in a Camaro the other day----Claustrophobic feeling.....I will NEVER buy one.....Challenger more user-frienly...and I can see outside to the world. GM blew it again..mark my words.

NHRAMAN
07-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Good luck finding a camaro on a dealer lot in Canada.I have been looking every time I drive by a g.m store.All you Americans are getting first dibs.(Yes I am Jealous.haha.)
The camaro is a nicer car than the mustang and the LSX engine is a killer set up compared to the hemi and triton style ford engine.
That is why sales are up for G.M.
In Canada a Mustang gt sells for around the same as Camaro ss and Challenger rt cars so it's a no brainer on what you are going to want to buy.422 hp vs. 315 vs. 375.
Camaro wins.

WE HAVE LOTS OF THEM IN B.C. ...... :nod:

LS1BirdDRG
07-05-2009, 01:34 AM

I agree with you about the G8 but I still like the Camaro too and would buy one in a heartbeat if my finances were better. I don't think they are too expensive if you take the dealer scum out of the conversation.:usa:

SparkyJJO
07-05-2009, 07:29 AM

Umm yeah the 5th gen Camaro and the cavalier have NOTHING in common (except maybe two doors and four wheels).

ws6ta444
07-06-2009, 08:50 PM
I have a 97 TA ram air, there is no comparison. This Camaro is like nothing else on the road. I love all my GM cars, but GM got this one right, its retro, but also has its own identity.

DJ_Seph
07-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Camaro is only selling because it's the new thing and it's the "Transformers" car. It's had quite a bit of advertising. But I believe once the hype dies down the Mustang will pull back ahead.

NotthisSS
07-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Camaro is only selling because it's the new thing and it's the "Transformers" car. It's had quite a bit of advertising. But I believe once the hype dies down the Mustang will pull back ahead.

The camaro definantly got some good advertising. The mustang may move back ahead but as long as both beat out the 370z, genesis, eclipse, sti, evo, anything foreign, then Im very happy. Im a camaro owner and a gm guy but I am an American supporter and will be happy as long as ford/chevy outdue the rest.

silplu83
07-09-2009, 06:35 AM
The camaro definantly got some good advertising. The mustang may move back ahead but as long as both beat out the 370z, genesis, eclipse, sti, evo, anything foreign, then Im very happy. Im a camaro owner and a gm guy but I am an American supporter and will be happy as long as ford/chevy outdue the rest.

Don't worry about that

Genesis Sedan and coupe YTD: 9,938

370z:
Jan. - 1280
Feb. - 1452
Mar. - 1635
Apr. - 1561
May - 1278
Jun. - 924

NotthisSS
07-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Don't worry about that

Genesis Sedan and coupe YTD: 9,938

370z:
Jan. - 1280
Feb. - 1452
Mar. - 1635
Apr. - 1561
May - 1278
Jun. - 924

Now thats worth being excited about... Mustang + Camaro sales in june alone was more. Now lets get our sedans doing the same thing. Im in germany and see why our sedans lose. They have the turbo diesels in everything and they are extremly efficient.

Hardcore Domestics
07-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Umm yeah the 5th gen Camaro and the cavalier have NOTHING in common (except maybe two doors and four wheels).

I meant the GTO