What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black

Back Ground: ok so like alot of people im guaging the interest in my SS Camaro ill be completely honest about everything on this car cuz thats the kind of guy i am. I am a SSG currently serving in Iraq right now and will be getting out soon so im looking into the new Camaro like many people. i bought this car upon returning from my last tour cuz it was the car i always dreamed of having when i was in high school so i had the money in pocket and said **** it told the wife do deal with it and got it. I bought it from a guy in the Los Angelas area who told me there were no issues with it and gave me a list of the modifications it had done to it simple bolt on's and cam i believe a Futral F11 etc. When i bought it the car made no bad engine noice and ran great so i went for it. roughly 6 months after i bought it (car only gets driven every 6 months cuz im stationed in alaska) i noticed some valve train noise and a little drop in oil pressure so i pulled the valve covers off... everything wa fine. pulled the intake off... and holy ****! every single lobe on the cam shaft looked like someone had took a chisel to it and sent all the shavings through the motor come to find out i talked to futral and they had a run of soft cam shafts at one point so that was probably the culpret (explaining the drop in oil pressure) so i contacted a local dealer and got a GM Performance Parts LS1 Long block. imediatly took it apart and put a SLP Cam, SLP pump, SLP double roller timing chain, Manly push rods,Comp 918 springs i believe (the behive ones good for .600 lift.) and titaium retainer. slapped it back together and put it in the car runs great and has a **** tone of power. SLP said with the same setup i put in my car they were putting down 465hp to the Fly i obviously never got my dynoed cuz there isnt one where i live. Car still runs great shifts good and everything.

Engine: New LS1 from GM! not any other aftermarket company straight from GM not rebuilt. only rougly 5000 miles on it. Stock bottom end Manly push rods, Comp 918 Springs, Ti retainers, SLP Pump, SLP double chain, SLP Cam, ASP underdrive pulley, MTI air lid, hooker Longtube headers. ported throttle body ive ran Royal Purple in it ever since i first started the new motor up and it uses no oil

Drivetrain: Clutch: went with a ZOOM clutch that was kevlar origionally but it wouldent hold for **** so i ended up having one custom built by a company in southern california called Clutch Masters and they rated it for 800hp its held perfect since instilation, Transmission is stock as well as drive line

Suspension:BMR strut tower brace, BMR sub frame connectors, BMR LCA, UMI double adjustable panhard bar (the kind you can do on the car) Strano Springs, Koni 4/4's

Wheel/Tires: Tomz Wheels 18" C6 Z06 wheels 9.5 up front and 10.5 out back. Tires are Vredistine with good tread life left on them i got center caps from zr1 wheels and had custome SS embles made for them to fit and look clean

Body: As i said when i bought it the guy i boguht it from said it had never been wrecked... he lied i found some spots up front where he had probably hit a curb or another car or something minor damage he repaired probably on his own or a poor body shop cuz all the paint up front has started to go and needs to be redone. the front has rock chips all through it and as i stated has started to come off the fenders, front fescia and hood. one pretty big key mark in the right side that was there when i got it with a small ding in the right side rear quarter other than that its perfectly straight and good.

Interior:The interior is just about perfect only blemishes i can think of is the normal wear on the drivers seat from getting in and out other than that no rips or tears or cigaret burns in the interior (i dont smoke and never let anyone smoke in the car) T top seals are fairly good but getting a little dried out from being in the desert where i live.

Exhaust: has 3 inch exhaust all the way to the back with a QTP electric cutout and Holley high flow cats nothing special but sounds great when open and quites down when you close it i cant rememebr the muffler brand or if its even stock.

Note: this is an SLP car with the hurst shifter and 12 disc cd changer as well

Mileage: around 72,000 give or take

Asking: im looking for around $12,000 for it so tell me what yall think maybe its over price but its a great car. any questions feel free to ask i have plenty of time to answer.
Attached Thumbnails 2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black-img_0108.jpg   2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black-img_0112.jpg   2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black-img_0110.jpg   2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black-img_0116.jpg   2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black-ipodimage202_tnc.jpg  

2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black-ipodimage209_tnc.jpg   2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black-ipodimage22e_tnc.jpg   2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black-img_0114.jpg  

Last edited by blades11b; 07-02-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Teching In

What size tires are your Vredestein's, 275/295?
Old 07-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Launching!

yeah 295's in the back for sure, 275 up front if i remember correctly

Quick Reply: 2001 SS T tops M6 LS1 Black