Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Where can I get my guage cluster recalibrated to 200 MPH in SoCal?

Old 07-02-2009, 11:06 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can I get my guage cluster recalibrated to 200 MPH in SoCal?

Perferably in Orange County or close...anyone? Need to know ASAP!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Granetelli motorsports used to do it because they sell the 200mph speedo, I dont remember where their shop is though.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Launching!

If the speedo already goes to 200 and you just need it to read properly, the Dakota Digital Universal Speedometer Signal Interface, SGI-5, is very easy to install and calibrate.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here ya go:

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=111
Old 07-08-2009, 01:07 AM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssteven
Yea... I know 6liter will...but I don't feel like waiting a month for my custom guage to come back from them too. I want to drive my car in between that time. And...I'm not driving 6 hours from here to 6liter. Again... does anyone besides Granatelli do it in Orange County or S.D. Can JBA do it? IS THERE ANYBODY...OUT THEREEEEE...?

Last edited by JJT; 07-22-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: ERROR
Old 07-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Launching!

how much does it usually cost to get it recalibrated
Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JJT
Yea... I know 6liter will...but I don't feel like waiting a month for my custom guage to come back from them too. I want to drive my car in between that time. And...I'm not driving 6 hours from here to 6liter. Again... does anyone besides Granatelli do it in Orange County or S.D. Can JBA do it? IS THEIR ANYBODY...OUT THEREEEEE...?
Are you looking for just calibration or an overlay as well?

For just calibration turn around is 1-5 days.

For overlays I have a GP ending Sunday so overlays would ship within a few weeks but you are right you are looking at a total of a month wait.

Good luck finding anyone else, I searched the country until I found a way to do it properly...

Also, Orange County isn't 6 hours, more like 40 miles...
Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Banned

^^I see you are in San Juan. Just ship it to me and I'll have it back to you within a couple of days (if you just want calibration)...
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
^^I see you are in San Juan. Just ship it to me and I'll have it back to you within a couple of days (if you just want calibration)...
Thanks. I'm definitely getting my custom guage overlay from you. I would rather get my overlay, then have it installed with the recalibration in one day. Granetelli said they can do it and there closer in Oxnard, but they said if I use your overlay...it might be off by 10 miles cause their recalibration is set for their guage overlays. I think it would still work. I still gotta call JBA, their closer too, S.D.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JJT
Yea... I know 6liter will...but I don't feel like waiting a month for my custom guage to come back from them too. I want to drive my car in between that time. And...I'm not driving 6 hours from here to 6liter. Again... does anyone besides Granatelli do it in Orange County or S.D. Can JBA do it? IS THERE ANYBODY...OUT THEREEEEE...?

If you want to get charged out the ***.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJT
Thanks. I'm definitely getting my custom guage overlay from you. I would rather get my overlay, then have it installed with the recalibration in one day. Granetelli said they can do it and there closer in Oxnard, but they said if I use your overlay...it might be off by 10 miles cause their recalibration is set for their guage overlays. I think it would still work. I still gotta call JBA, their closer too, S.D.
To be honest, all calibrations can be off. All they do is check key numbers (like 65mph) to make sure those are dead on. Too many variances in a printed overlay (talking factory here) for it to really be dead on.

I learned that the other day from the calibrator...
Old 07-22-2009, 10:29 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
To be honest, all calibrations can be off. All they do is check key numbers (like 65mph) to make sure those are dead on. Too many variances in a printed overlay (talking factory here) for it to really be dead on.

I learned that the other day from the calibrator...
Maybe I'll take out the cluster and send it to you. Do you got steps you could send me to take it out along with the guage overlay....I don't even know where the hell or what the hell the cluster is!! lol I'm assuming it moves the needle on the guage...obviously...

Search this Thread