Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech - ATI ProCharger Systems are now available!

EPP
07-03-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=1893
ATI ProCharger HO Intercooled System with P-1SC-1

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=1914
ATI ProCharger HO Intercooled Tuner Kit with larger head unit options.

Check them out, 12 rib is also available! Bob

http://www.procharger.com/myspace/2010_Camaro_underhood.JPG

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/EPP_photo/2010CamaroSSpage1.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/EPP_photo/2010CamaroSSpage2.jpg

MelScrilla
07-03-2009, 10:58 PM
sweet I cant wait to see dyno numbers

ChevyChad
07-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Badass!!!! They finally did it right with the 5th gens and put them up top- front and center where they can be appreciated! Well done procharger! :thumb: I cant wait to see a 5th gen F1A :D

whytryz28
07-04-2009, 08:06 AM
No where else to run the filter huh?

unit213
07-04-2009, 08:21 AM
No where else to run the filter huh?

Not really. That's the same place the S197 Mustang GT kits have the filter too. You'd think it would suck in nothing but hot air and kill power badly, but it really doesn't.

LSXFORMULA99
07-04-2009, 10:13 AM
i love it. i wish they made a bracket for the 4th gens to mout theres up top so you can see it..

ChevyChad
07-04-2009, 11:09 AM
I guess if nothing else, the engine cover may have some actual use in this case by keeping some of the heat retained and away from the filter :lol:

EPP
07-04-2009, 01:19 PM
The ingested air does get compressed and further heated by the blower, then cooled down by the 3 core intercooler before being routed into the throttle body. If it wasn't for an efficient intercooler, this system wouldn't work as well as it does. Bob

Ws6Wicked
07-05-2009, 09:09 AM
looks great!!!

EPP
07-05-2009, 05:14 PM
We might end up coming out with a hood that would enable a larger air filter assembly to be incorporated into it, if there is enough interest in one. Bob

scottywheels
07-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Bob I talked to Procharger two weeks ago and they said they are also offering the D1sc in the P1sc place obviously not with tuning. Also where is the cooler, front mount of underneath like the older kits?

EPP
07-06-2009, 04:28 AM
Bob I talked to Procharger two weeks ago and they said they are also offering the D1sc in the P1sc place obviously not with tuning. Also where is the cooler, front mount of underneath like the older kits?

ATI ProCharger Systems are now available!
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1893

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1914

Check them out! Bob

Yes indeed. You can go all the way up to the F-1C/F-1R.

The 2010 Camaro comes with a large single front mount 3 core intercooler. Bob

http://www.procharger.com/myspace/2010_Camaro.JPG

Wnts2Go10O
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
christ, that was quick..

NumberOneSled
07-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Any advantage in upgrading to the D-1SC on a stock shortblock and pump gas motor?

scottywheels
07-06-2009, 07:24 PM
I have run the P1sc D1sc and the F1c and if you are putting it on a stock motor the D1sc will be fine. THe $300 upgrade price is much better then the $1000 it cost later on to upgrade.

EPP
07-07-2009, 05:17 AM
I have run the P1sc D1sc and the F1c and if you are putting it on a stock motor the D1sc will be fine. THe $300 upgrade price is much better then the $1000 it cost later on to upgrade.

I agree, and I recommend going with the D-1SC. The only problem is the P-1SC-1 is the only unit that can be ordered with the injectors and tune from ProCharger. The D-1SC can be ordered in the tuner kit, which does not come with the injectors and tune, so you would need to buy injectors and get the car tuned by a shop that knows what they are doing. For many enthusiast though, this isn't a problem.
All of these units come with a one year warranty, the P-1SC-1 is offered with an additional two year warranty by sending in the warranty card and $49.00 when you receive the system. Bob

Nasty N8
07-07-2009, 11:07 AM
We also offer our Dual intank pump assemblies and stage 3 street kits for the 2010 Camaro sold through Exotic with your kit.

ChevyChad
07-07-2009, 07:12 PM

Oh its way more than $1000. More like $1500 later on. Get the D1 now so you won't regret it later.

427C5
07-07-2009, 07:20 PM
It would be nice if the new system is able to deliver a flatter dyno with hp and tq numbers being closer together than centris in the past.
Other tuners have been able to design custom centri systems to deliver boost curves close to TT's and PD blowers. I hope Procharger can do the same.

Because of it's heavy curb weight, the Camaro is going to need as much boost, as soon as possible, down low in the RPM's.

EPP
07-08-2009, 04:50 AM
It would be nice if the new system is able to deliver a flatter dyno with hp and tq numbers being closer together than centris in the past.
Other tuners have been able to design custom centri systems to deliver boost curves close to TT's and PD blowers. I hope Procharger can do the same.

Because of it's heavy curb weight, the Camaro is going to need as much boost, as soon as possible, down low in the RPM's.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/EPP_photo/V864rwhpdynograph.jpg

How about a torque curve like the one above? The above dyno graph is from a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V. We started with a new LS2 block, and added a Callies crankshaft, Compstar rods, Diamond pistons, our EPP blower cam, and off the shelf AFR 225 heads. We then topped it off with a FAST 92mm intake manifold. To this engine we added our modified ProCharger GTO kit, using the ProCharger F-1A blower. Here is a link to this CTS-V. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/projectCar.php?car=29 Bob

427C5
07-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I meant on a stock engine.
Procharger has been around for a long time and make serious power on a lot of cars.

Even the tuners that totally redesign Procharger systems to improve them have said the new Procharger system is good.
I just would like to see centris deliver a dyno that looks almost like a positive displacement blower or twin turbo on a 100% stock engine.
I know it can be done because tuners have modified centri systems to do so on a stock engine.

EPP
07-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I meant on a stock engine.
Procharger has been around for a long time and make serious power on a lot of cars.

Even the tuners that totally redesign Procharger systems to improve them have said the new Procharger system is good.
I just would like to see centris deliver a dyno that looks almost like a positive displacement blower or twin turbo on a 100% stock engine.
I know it can be done because tuners have modified centri systems to do so on a stock engine.

Tuners have added a restriction plate to the system to produce more boost sooner, with centrifical superchargers. What this does is to make the blower work harder than it normally would, but whenever you work a blower harder you are going to produce more heat. Some have claimed that the restriction plate works, but we haven't seen a reason to use one at EPP. Bob

scottywheels
07-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Tuners have added a restriction plate to the system to produce more boost sooner, with centrifical superchargers. What this does is to make the blower work harder than it normally would, but whenever you work a blower harder you are going to produce more heat. Some have claimed that the restriction plate works, but we haven't seen a reason to use one at EPP. Bob

Is there also a larger intercooler that we can upgrade to....what will the front mount handle for power as it is.

427C5
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM

No reason?
With the plate, they are making power EARLY, almost like a positive displacement blower. On the street, low/mid RPM power is crucial.

I am really interested in the idea about IAT's. It makes sense. What data do you have to support this? It's not that I don't believe you. :angel:It makes sense. But, I have not heard owners reporting elevated IAT's.

EPP
07-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Is there also a larger intercooler that we can upgrade to....what will the front mount handle for power as it is.

No upgrade yet for an even larger intercooler. I don't have any numbers yet on how much horsepower the ProCharger front mount can handle. It is going to take a built engine and a lot of boost to find the limit to this intercooler. Bob

EPP
07-10-2009, 05:16 AM
No reason?
With the plate, they are making power EARLY, almost like a positive displacement blower. On the street, low/mid RPM power is crucial.

I am really interested in the idea about IAT's. It makes sense. What data do you have to support this? It's not that I don't believe you. :angel:It makes sense. But, I have not heard owners reporting elevated IAT's.

I had a customer who totaled out his C6 Corvette this past Spring on a road when he lost traction is 3rd or 4th gear, it was basically a stock Corvette with an ATI ProCharger.
The reason I say I feel there is no reason to use a restrictor plate is that with 500 rwhp on tap, it is pretty easy to fry the tires as is. On street tires traction is a big problem without a plate, I just see a plate as a way of further reducing traction.

You won't find a lot of information regarding the use of restrictor plates, here is one link from the GTO Forum. http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168775 Bob

fastbillet
07-10-2009, 01:30 PM
wow i want one....... just picked up my black ss last week it only has 200 miles on it!

EPP
07-12-2009, 06:27 PM
wow i want one....... just picked up my black ss last week it only has 200 miles on it!

Give me a call tomorrow at 260 244-4808 for a really good price. Thanks. Bob

99Ls1fever
07-12-2009, 07:07 PM
OMG those dyno numbers are amazing!!!

EPP
07-15-2009, 04:58 AM
OMG those dyno numbers are amazing!!!

Yes indeed! Bob

EPP
07-24-2009, 05:48 AM
$1000.00 for the installation and tune for the first 2010 SS we install a ProCharger system on! 260 244-4808 Bob

jamnut
07-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Man I'm glad to see this, I didn't want to go PD on my SS when it gets here. I feel that with the big 20" wheels I didn't want the insta torque that a PD blower puts out on the street. I would rather have the boost come on a little slower since this isn't going to be a dedicated drag car. Bob if my car had arrived I'd take you up on the install. I was really hoping to try to squeeze 600 RWHP out of my stock LS3 with H/C, Exhaust & BOOST, maybe a little meth too since I have 2 other cars with meth injection. A stock SS will fry the stock tires on the street, so no need for the extra torque down low IMHO.

EPP
07-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Man I'm glad to see this, I didn't want to go PD on my SS when it gets here. I feel that with the big 20" wheels I didn't want the insta torque that a PD blower puts out on the street. I would rather have the boost come on a little slower since this isn't going to be a dedicated drag car. Bob if my car had arrived I'd take you up on the install. I was really hoping to try to squeeze 600 RWHP out of my stock LS3 with H/C, Exhaust & BOOST, maybe a little meth too since I have 2 other cars with meth injection. A stock SS will fry the stock tires on the street, so no need for the extra torque down low IMHO.

I totally agree with your way of thinking. :cheers: Bob

EPP
07-26-2009, 07:21 AM
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=1933

Fully installed price has been added. Bob

MoeDenali
07-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Not really. That's the same place the S197 Mustang GT kits have the filter too. You'd think it would suck in nothing but hot air and kill power badly, but it really doesn't.

Thats wrong..or maybe will not work like what you think on hot wather.
We have kit from them on my freind Truck (Denali 6.2) and when he got hot a tuned denali beat him badly.
we changed the air filter location and it is a day n night diff.

EPP
08-02-2009, 06:04 AM
Thats wrong..or maybe will not work like what you think on hot wather.
We have kit from them on my freind Truck (Denali 6.2) and when he got hot a tuned denali beat him badly.
we changed the air filter location and it is a day n night diff.

We are going to work on a hood that draws in air to the filter assembly, this should help quite a bit. Bob

EPP
08-09-2009, 04:40 PM
So how many people would be interested in a hood for the Camaro? Bob

airforcemanss
08-09-2009, 10:44 PM
bob the graph is awesome. the only thing that really turns me off is what is with the 6200rpm? i think if that graph continues like that to 6800 i would replicate the same exact setup. what cam is that? is that f1a on a 402? psi? what gear are you running on that setup? its so purty i need info

airforcemanss
08-09-2009, 11:00 PM
i just read about the setup holy cow! luxery,comfort, and power im jealous. but im still curous as why are you shifting at just over 6k?

EPP
08-10-2009, 04:21 AM
i just read about the setup holy cow! luxery,comfort, and power im jealous. but im still curous as why are you shifting at just over 6k?

Thanks! We basically just took a snapshot of the dyno graph up to 6200, as max rwhp had peaked. That doesn't mean that you can't continue to rev higher before you shift. We do our dyno pulls in 4th gear, and since the numbers had peaked we cropped it at 6200. Bob

airforcemanss
08-10-2009, 09:12 AM
what clutch are you guys using on that thing? how many miles and how is it holding up?

on a side note, if you remember the whole graph, what do you think she would be at shifting at 6800?

EPP
08-10-2009, 09:22 AM
what clutch are you guys using on that thing? how many miles and how is it holding up?

on a side note, if you remember the whole graph, what do you think she would be at shifting at 6800?

Spec Stage 3 plus, it is holding up just fine. I don't know how many miles are on it now, but i would suspect there are quite a few. The clutch has been in there for approx two years.

I'll have to go back to the dyno and pull up the dyno sheets to be able to tell you what it would be doing at 6800, I'll get back to you. Thanks. Bob

airforcemanss
08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
bump on the graph bob. btw can you slip that cluth (friendly) or is it too grabby?

btw, i might be picking up a p1sc kit soon if a member and i can come to an agreement. it will be on stock bottom end for awhile. what are those 38lbs that come with the kit rated at? what are those twin intercoolers rated at? im still very interested in this graph and more than likely will duplicate it depending on the rest of the graph.i wonder if it would be best with no advance in it? thanks, bob

EPP
08-19-2009, 04:35 AM
bump on the graph bob. btw can you slip that cluth (friendly) or is it too grabby?

btw, i might be picking up a p1sc kit soon if a member and i can come to an agreement. it will be on stock bottom end for awhile. what are those 38lbs that come with the kit rated at? what are those twin intercoolers rated at? im still very interested in this graph and more than likely will duplicate it depending on the rest of the graph.i wonder if it would be best with no advance in it? thanks, bob

The clutch is not too grabby, the Stage 3+ is a full face design, so it has a pretty smooth engagement.

I am not sure what the 38 lb injectors are rated at, we usually use FAST 50 lb injectors.

We have seen the twin intercoolers handle 700 rwhp on some of the other ProCharger models, I would say these are in the same ballpark. ProCharger does have a larger intercooler option that is going to be offered for the 2010 Camaro SS.

Thanks. Bob

PREDATOR-Z
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Nice but definitely need to change air inlet position.
I would say short tube to inverted pan like filter, with a hood that hermeticaly closes right on top; with front top opening sucking air directly in.

turboed2000
08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Just finished the D-1 install on my 2010. Not to bad to install. Did it in 2 nights including a cam swap. I will have some dyno #'s soon.

EPP
08-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Just finished the D-1 install on my 2010. Not to bad to install. Did it in 2 nights including a cam swap. I will have some dyno #'s soon.

Awesome, sounds like you breezed through it! Bob

turboed2000
08-23-2009, 04:00 PM
The instructions were very good with alot of pics. thank god because I can't read. Do's any one know what size pulley I need for 10-12 psi?

turboed2000
08-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Here is the Dyno graph. This is with no cool down on 91 oct. and 14* of timing. The fuel rail pressure was down to 18psi. Tomorrow Iam building a basket to house 2 pumps and run a 2nd fuel pump controll. The second graph we try to bandaid with meth but it wasnt enough up top so we didnt waiste our time. also installing a blower cam this week and get it back on the rollers.

Sam88Gta1
08-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Here is the Dyno graph. This is with no cool down on 91 oct. and 14* of timing. The fuel rail pressure was down to 18psi. Tomorrow Iam building a basket to house 2 pumps and run a 2nd fuel pump controll. The second graph we try to bandaid with meth but it wasnt enough up top so we didnt waiste our time. also installing a blower cam this week and get it back on the rollers.

I see you had the same issue with the air filter I did on the D1 running into the airbox mount and the battery junction. What did you do about the tube that runs on the passenger side up to the TB that hits the fan and the frame? Does the pulley on the head unit hit the insulation on the hood?

turboed2000
08-27-2009, 08:34 AM
I left the rubber 3" hose that is against the is against the fan and frame for now. iam going to do aluminum piping and an F1 next week. The pulley didn't touch the hood.

EPP
08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
The instructions were very good with alot of pics. thank god because I can't read. Do's any one know what size pulley I need for 10-12 psi?

I wouldn't push the boost that high unless you can afford for an engine rebuild. With methanol injection it may last, but there is always the possibility. What pulley do you have now on the blower?

EPP
08-27-2009, 08:26 PM

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/projectCar.php?car=59

We added our blower cam to this LS3 C6, check out the power level that we made with 8.4 psi of boost. Bob

turboed2000
08-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Thats C6 is all good but wait till we add our blower cam and actually do some real dyno pulls. These numbers are after 6 back to back pulls and 100* plus out side and 114 in the shop. Tomorrow will be the day on the N/a cam we will make close to 700 at this boost level. I run 16psi on my bone stock 5.3 turbo truck at over 590rwhp through a th 400. I have alot of boosted cars and no blowen motors yet( knock on wood), But I do have an LSX 434 ready to roll.

EPP
08-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Thats C6 is all good but wait till we add our blower cam and actually do some real dyno pulls. These numbers are after 6 back to back pulls and 100* plus out side and 114 in the shop. Tomorrow will be the day on the N/a cam we will make close to 700 at this boost level. I run 16psi on my bone stock 5.3 turbo truck at over 590rwhp through a th 400. I have alot of boosted cars and no blowen motors yet( knock on wood), But I do have an LSX 434 ready to roll.

Wow, on my Mustang Chassis Dyno that is a lot of power on the stock bottom end. Good luck with it, let us know how it runs. :cheers: Bob

turboed2000
08-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I will keep you posted. On my c6 with stock bottom end through auto we made 680. There is a few stock bottom Ls2 and 3's making 740 plus.

EPP
08-31-2009, 04:33 AM
I will keep you posted. On my c6 with stock bottom end through auto we made 680. There is a few stock bottom Ls2 and 3's making 740 plus.

Impressive! Bob

Detoxx03
09-02-2009, 12:52 AM
That is so sexy

MelScrilla
09-02-2009, 07:42 PM

I am very jealous of you. I just want one FI ride and you have 2 or 3.

turboed2000
09-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Here is a graph from tonight. Ive been driving it around in 105* vegas weather for a week and its still alive at this power level. It has 11* of timing and Iat was 180*. These were straight off the street with no cool down. We trimmed up the afr but I didn't get those pulls. On just 91oct we made 656. These are with meth thats why its pig ritch. There is plenty more power left but after all it is brand new. The twin pumps held up perfect.

airforcemanss
09-06-2009, 01:28 AM
so where does the headunit mount on the new camaros is it up top? it seems there is no heating issues like the f bodies. does anyone know why?

EPP
09-06-2009, 05:59 AM
so where does the headunit mount on the new camaros is it up top? it seems there is no heating issues like the f bodies. does anyone know why?

I would say the new Camaro more than likely has a better cooling system. A lot of people use the LT1 radiator in their LS1 f body as the LT1 radiator did a better job. Bob

EPP
09-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Here is a graph from tonight. Ive been driving it around in 105* vegas weather for a week and its still alive at this power level. It has 11* of timing and Iat was 180*. These were straight off the street with no cool down. We trimmed up the afr but I didn't get those pulls. On just 91oct we made 656. These are with meth thats why its pig ritch. There is plenty more power left but after all it is brand new. The twin pumps held up perfect.

Awesome job! Bob

EPP
09-21-2009, 01:31 PM

EPP
09-21-2009, 02:03 PM

EPP
10-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Give me a call at 260 244-4808 for great prices. Bob

aznspeed
10-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Certainly is tempting.
I was looking into just a cam setup until i seen this.
Can the bottom end on the 2010 camaro handle both 7 psi on top of a blower cam?

EPP
10-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Certainly is tempting.
I was looking into just a cam setup until i seen this.
Can the bottom end on the 2010 camaro handle both 7 psi on top of a blower cam?

Yes it can, check out this 2008 C6 that we added our blower cam to, along with a ProCharger D-1SC.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/projectCar.php?car=59
Thanks. Bob

subzero69
10-21-2009, 09:46 AM
I like the kit, but still not real happy about the filter location

EPP
10-22-2009, 05:07 AM
I like the kit, but still not real happy about the filter location

True, but it won't get wet where it is at. For most boost levels the filter location is not going to be a big problem, as this system has a nice large air to air intercooler that cools the air before entering the engine. As aftermarket hoods are produced for these cars, I can envision a cold air kit to draw cooler air in through the hood for those with forged internals, and want to make 16+ psi of boost.
A methanol injection kit would also drop the inlet air temps by 35 to 40 degrees, which would make a very dramatic difference in horsepower.

Thanks. Bob

EPP
11-27-2009, 05:35 AM
I'll be at the shop today to take orders. Thanks. Bob

EPP
12-20-2009, 07:08 PM
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=1893

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=1914

Check them out, 12 rib is also available! Bob

Give me a call for great prices that I can't put into print. Thanks. Bob