Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

any good c5 mechanics in englewood area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any good c5 mechanics in englewood area?

need help please.i just picked up my fathers 98 c5 from houston.car has electrical problems.he has replaced just about everything on it.pcm is upgraded to 99 with hp turner.car has 409 with 150 shot.car is setting codes as fast as i clear them.reduce engine pwr.service trac control.pcm codes,p0563,p1518,p1638.tcs codes,c1278,u1016 and ipc,raido,ldcm,scm and rfa have u1016.if anyone can help or send me in the right direction.i would like to fix this car but i have been pullin my hair out.if i cant fix i will part it out.i work at lemon bay golf club(equipment manager)and have a nice shop with lift and just about any tool needed.electrical is not my strong point so if anybody can help me please call.andy 204-9832 anytime.thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Start with the lowest codes first. I will do some reseaching and I will try to get back with you.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well your first code is for system low or high voltage. The PCM will shut down a lot of the other peramiters to protect the car. If the system voltage is below 9 volt or above 16 it will throw that code.

I would start first at taking the battery out and have it tested a bad cell or any other porblem.
Your reducsed engine power message is coming from your second code you list. It is the TAC on your thorttle body. It can also be caused by the battery over powering the serial data network on the car.

The last code is the most unveiling of them all. It is a failure of the F termianl from the alternator. It should be the grey wire. It runs over to the PCM. Ohm the wire out and make sure it is not broken, and you have good continuity between the two. Also gives hit of low system voltage.

Then get back to me. I will look further into your problems as best I can with out seeing or touching the car.

1278 code is the PCM killing Traction control off for you

the last code listed is serial data. Which can also be caused by lower system voltage.
I would put my money on a battery or a alternator

Last edited by RsSean; 07-04-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00ls6camaro
need help please.i just picked up my fathers 98 c5 from houston.car has electrical problems.he has replaced just about everything on it.pcm is upgraded to 99 with hp turner.car has 409 with 150 shot.car is setting codes as fast as i clear them.reduce engine pwr.service trac control.pcm codes,p0563,p1518,p1638.tcs codes,c1278,u1016 and ipc,raido,ldcm,scm and rfa have u1016.if anyone can help or send me in the right direction.i would like to fix this car but i have been pullin my hair out.if i cant fix i will part it out.i work at lemon bay golf club(equipment manager)and have a nice shop with lift and just about any tool needed.electrical is not my strong point so if anybody can help me please call.andy 204-9832 anytime.thanks
I guarantee you that is the source of all your problems (having done more of those PCM swaps then i care to count).

I suggest you get the car to EFI Alchemy in Jacksonville, they pretty much brought that swap to the forefront, especially on C5's.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Teching In

i did ohm wires from alt to pcm.the plug on alt was replaced so today i will cut and re solder wires.also ohmed wires from fuel send to pcm.gas gauge goes from f to e at will.both send units are new.as for alt new and i had it checked at my alt & starter shop(not autozone) batt is a new red top optima and also checked ok.also today going to check the rest of grounds and star conector that goes from dlc to bcm.this car would run 10.30s all night long after pcm upgrade.the last thing that was done to it was new rear end was installed and thats when this all started.after ohm fuel and alt wires and put it all back together car ran fine got half way home and tada.also had hi volt spike code from the last time.as for trac problem abs unit has checked ok but plug conector has given problems before.my gm part man said a repair plug is available.thanks for all input,andy

Quick Reply: any good c5 mechanics in englewood area?