Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LS1 240Sx

Old 07-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another LS1 240Sx

Hi everyone, sort of new around here but I like what I see. I recently purchased an LS1 with a T56 from a wrecked 2000 Camaro. The car had 84k on it and still had a mint drivetrain. I looked around for an F-body or other suitable GM chassis but when I saw a 240sx on this forum I decided I had to go for that. Yesterday I purchased a 1992 240. It is a clean Texas car with no rust and little body damage. I will probably be pulling the stock Nissan drivetrain apart this week and can post some pics. I'd love to hear from those of you that have done some of these LS swaps before. I understand that I will want to swap my F-body oil pan for a GTO front sump set up. Any advice guys? Let me know, Thanks.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice, welcome to the club. I would also checkout silviav8forums.com great source of info, but a small forum.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! Good luck with your Project. Read the Stickys at the top and practice with the Search tools.

Pat
Old 07-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Staging Lane

I have the GTO Oil pan complete and need an F-body set-up for my RX-7 swap lets talk!

a.russell.nyc at G mail .com

Check out Miro's build thread he just did the swap over last winter.

Last edited by Andrew R; 07-05-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Teching In

I bought a GTO pan from someone off this forum-Thanks. I sold the stock engine and trans-375.00 back towards the project. I am trying to sell more parts like the stock exhaust etc. I will post pics soon. Now I'm going to put the GTO pan on(gaskets on their way) and start mocking up the motor mounts and trans cross member. Its amazing how close in size the LS1 is compared to that 4 cyl. I ordered a harness from Sand and Street Performance out of Arizona. Looks like i will be buying the ready made drive shaft from Hinson Super Cars. Its all coming together... I appreciate the help and if anyone has advice from their experiences just post it, I'm open to suggestions, Thanks guys.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Staging Lane

before you go spending money on a driveshaft - realize that the way they mount their engine and the way you mount yours might be different (back/forth) so the lenght might be off. Call them and make sure the lenght they'll sell you will work.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

I second that last post. I wouldn't order that Driveshaft unless you are purchasing their engine mounts or if you have already built your on mounts and have measured.
Also, you might want to make a solid decison on your rear end plans before you buy the driveshaft. Unless you happened to pick up a Hicas model you have a open diff in your 92. You can stick with that if you like, but there are many other options out there that can get you LSD. For my LS conversion, I went with the 94 q45 3.54 diff and it has a slightly longer snought than the stock Diff. Pick your diff first and you won't have to buy 2 driveshafts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another LS1 240Sx