What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

How much would you pay for this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much would you pay for this?

I have been eying up this 2004 GTO for quite some time and if I were to make an offer on it, have no clue how much it is actually worth. The car is a SALVAGE title. The exterior defects are small paint chips on the tip of the hood, and a gash in the front right bumper, and the tops of the door handles the paint is rubbed off.

I have carfaxed the car and it shows three owners. The first owner leased it for 2 years and had a front end collision. IT was sold at auction from Indiana and made it here to Columbia, MO. You can view the carfax if you download it from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...4e75f6e8ebb871 and open it with an .xps viewer.

Here is the current link to it on craigslist. I have heard that you should first off never buy a saalvaged car, and if you do never pay more than 25% less then kbb. What do you guys think?

THE LINK : http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/ctd/1251830947.html

Would I get shot down if I offer him 7000?

Thanks for your help!!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I think $7k is too much!!! If they say no, let them sit on it forever. Even if you get it, be prepared to put serious $$$ into it. This is $$$ YOU WILL NOT GET BACK due to the salvage title. Is this what you really want? I would never buy it and instead spend real $$$ on a really nice used example that was babied. They are out there if you look hard enough and don't mind some travel. I drove over 600 miles for my last car and 500 miles for the one before that. It means nothing when you keep a car for years and years. Don't settle. Good luck!

Quick Reply: How much would you pay for this?